power plug size for Sport power Base

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power plug size for Sport power Base

Does anyone know what power connector is needed for the Sport power base? I have some small 12v 3A power supplies i want to hook to it.

You mean you guys (and ladies) are going to make me have to get off my lazy backside this weekend and actually go to an electronic parts store and look for a plug that fits?

The HORROR!!!!!!

Comment

It changed. Give us a part number or a photo of the specific base.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFlippant View Post
        It changed. Give us a part number or a photo of the specific base.
        Ah I thought they would have the same power supply(ies) but good point.

I believe the p/n is c8217. The one i just got comes with jumpers connected to the other 1/2 straight it came with. I think it could be a multilane power base??
        Last edited by oneredz; 02-05-2016, 01:47 PM.

Comment

... and the answer is 5.35 od x 2.35 id for the plug, so I am guessing that a standard 2.5 x 5.5 plug might work.

and, the controller jacks are standard stereo 3.5 mm female jacks.
          Last edited by oneredz; 02-07-2016, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Power base up and running ... with brakes. But I have a problem. When one power Supply is plugged in, either the right or left controller powers both lanes.

This is the track I have. The jumpers power through the short straight. If I switch to 2 power supply mode, each lane works independently. Could the jumpers be crossed somehow, or do I need a dummy plug in the other power socket?

Comment

Not sure why one controller would power both lanes...sounds like some wires crossed somewhere.

But I would suggest getting a second power supply so each lane has its own separate power source.

Comment

I will probably go with 2PSs (have 2 matching old laptop 12v 5A PSs to go in, but still need plugs for them), but is was checking out my fleabay purchase to see if there were any problems with it. I just happened to put a car on the extra lane while testing and they both went.
                Last edited by oneredz; 02-22-2016, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Any suggestions? Does the other power port need a dummy plug or something? I haven't been able to do any testing lately to see if that works or not.

Comment

Here's a question, is the center (tip) of the Sport power supply + or - ?

Looking online, center is +.
                    Last edited by oneredz; 03-03-2016, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Hmm, looks like I may have solved the problem. The jumpers were swapped on each lane. I guess who had it before me, was running their track in reverse. When I swapped the red/black jumpers for each lane, it now works as it should. Maybe, diode bleedover of reverse voltage???

Comment

Working...
                      X