Customising my scalextric car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customising my scalextric car

Morning all, first let me introduce myself, I am very new to slot car racing. I had a set when I was a kid (who didn't) now the bug has returned. Now I am not into the competitive racing scene, more just having fun with my friends and wife. However, this does not mean I do not want to tinker. I recently bought the Scalextric C3539 Ford Mustang Dan Gurney US Special. Now what I want to do to this car is turn it into a monster...i.e full aftermarket goodies, no mag ect. My question to you all is, how do I do this. I have been toying with the idea of making a brass chassis for the beast and converting it to an anglewinder motor set up. But since I am clueless to all of this I have no idea where to start. After browsing through the scalextric website I have a cart full of goodies, but not clue if it will fit or the effect it will have on the car, so here is the list of what I think I will need. Please all chime in as I want this car to be a bit of a monster, fast, good handling ect. As this is starting out as more of a theory exercise, money shall not be an issue.

1 x HRS2 - Starter Kit - SICH35
    1 x Axle, Kit Anglewinder, Z32 crown - SIKK09C

No clue on what motor to pick up, or any other mods/aftermarket that I might need, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Unless you have a very long track I wouldn't go with any more than a 21.5K rpm motor. Several brands are available. A set of aluminum set screw rims would be a good investment along with a pair of silicone rear tires.

Comment

Working...
    X