Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARC Pro assistance needed

Good Day all.

I purchased the ARC Pro Platinum set for Christmas and finally set it up. I had a few questions.

Can I not make my own layout? I am using a SSD layout that I had for my APB and I am only using straight lane changers (3). The cars rarely change lanes and when and if they do, they come to a stop. I also have a

The cars are VERY fast, even after calibrating them in the ARC app. I barely touch the trigger and the cars fly off the track. I don't remember that happening when I ran my analog track and track with the APB a few years ago.

If I am stuck using one of the stock layouts from the set, do you know if there will ever be a time that I can make my own layout?

Any input is appreciated.

SCN

SCN,
    As long as the track joins I don't see why you couldn't build or make a layout of your choice.

Arrold

Comment

ignore those app track plans
      it was just some dumb idea to give you their scale mph

try running arc pro without using app
      remember side switch is away from track for digital and toward it for analog

if digital cars run away immediately on digital and still stop after changers,
      check the guides are assembled properly
      then try using analog toys only on analog

by the way what does cars rarely change lanes mean ?
      you must press hard and hold button before track eye until till through changer
      here use left thumb on button with right hand on controller

try this again without app and report back please
      Last edited by gorp; 01-29-2018, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Indulge yourself on your layout! Do what looks good to you.

Trouble with lane changers sounds like you've got connectivity issues. You might try pinching the end of the rail a tiny bit with needlenose pliers before plugging pieces together. Also from the underside of each piece of track, make sure all the metal tabs are bent down snugly to the track. These tweaks will help get power around the track uniformly. Find some INOX... I didn't believe it at first, but the stuff is magically delicious! It really does work!

There are other things you can do to get power uniformly around the track, but they involve opening the ARC and doing some surgery. If you're interested, let us know and we can point you at a couple threads that will show you how.

Cars too fast? Couple things to check. First, there are throttle profiles within each driver's settings. You can choose a throttle curve that gradually brings in the power instead of it being so linear. Then, also within each driver profile, you set the maximum power. I've found that 50% is max for my largish track is good, and 33% for my F1 cars. I also have an adjustable power supply. We run at 12 volts versus the OEM 15 volts at 50% power. Keeps the cars on the track better, the power is easier to modulate, and when they do come off, they don't launch across the room. Makes for much more pleasant racing, and more action to pass and pit strategically.

Hope that help!
        Last edited by BluMiniMe; 01-29-2018, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Sounds like it's in analog mode.

Comment

In general there is no limit to the type of layouts you can make except that you do need to use straight lane changers as there are issues with curved lane changers.
            The behavior you are describing could be that it is stuck in analog mode or the cars are not linking to the controllers correctly.
            I have had lots of success with adjusting the speed in the app in both analog and digital mode.
            Are you using the standard power supply and are all the controllers coupled correctly?

Comment

Wow! Thank you all for your valued input. I didn't realize there was a switch on the PB. I will test it out tonight and report back.

Thanks again,

SCN

Comment

Reporting back as requested. It seems my pb was set in analog mode from the factory. I switched over to digital mode. Cars and track all functioning correctly. A few more questions: how do I get my analog cars to work? Is there a setting in the ARC app or is there another trick?

Does it matter that I calibrated 2 of the cars through the app while in analog mode? Is there a way to "reset" the app if need be?

Thanks again.

SCN

Comment

Just flip the switch and it goes to analog mode and the app changes to ARC AIR mode.
                  You may have to re-calibrate the cars but otherwise plug and play.

Comment

How would I re calibrate the cars?

Thanks.

SCN

Comment

How would I re calibrate the cars?

Thanks.

SCN

Comment

Before the race. Same way as the first time. Just tap where it says the car is calibrated to recalibrate.

Comment

Or Driver Setup...

Comment

Isn't it a great system. I'm glad I made the jump to the arc pro.

Comment

Yes. I got back into it at the right time.

Comment

Working...
                              X