No announcement yet.

New Scalextric powerbases & RMS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ARC One will be. The ARC Air and ARC Pro are going to be 2015.
    ARC One, formerly RCS One, is the wired analog version.

Comment

Application Race Control

The re-name was to include the Application side of these bases.

The Digital and Analog wireless versions are progressing well, but will not likely hit the stores till sometime in 2015 as mentioned by Greg
      The people who adapted the current 6 car base to work with a PC etc. are already working on the base to bring all those amazing add ons only the Aftermarket can. Hopefully soon Slot.it can start working on making their excellent controllers work wireless with the new base. Then soon after the release we will see all the expanded features offered on the current system, and more

The ARC 1 is the first of these Power Bases to be released, that should happen around October 2014, and with it's Bluetooth link it is going to be a very useful connection to the track. With the Scalextric Ap it will give you race control system, lap counting and other tools and games. Sure it is only a 2 wire system for controllers ( no dynamic braking ) but even when people upgrade to better controllers with brakes the ARC Base can still be the Bluetooth link to the track for lap counting on your Android or iPhone or Tablet.

I am looking forward to trying out the ARC 1 system as soon as it hits the Stores, and hopefully people will develop an ap to allow multi lane timing and Race Management.

So a simple Set Power Base can now become the link between your Track, and your Android/iPhone to allow the screen to give all the timing info you previously needed a Computer for. Plus quick linking to SCI, Facebook, the Internet at large, the potential is huge.
      Alan Smith
      SCI Owner.
      www.scaleracing.com
      www.slotcarillustrated.com
      www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
      www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Are you sure that the new system actually has power go through the controllers? To do a lot of the things they say this will do, it makes sense for the base to have mosfet control over power to both lanes, rather than run the power through the controller. If the power is controlled by mosfets in the base, then you'd lose a lot of features by replacing the power/car control with standard power, just to get brakes. Heck, the system might not even work properly without the set controllers in use.

I hope you're right, though. If these things really are two wire analog controllers with no brakes, then I hope nothing is lost when a hobbyist wants to put "real" controllers to the track.

Comment

Arc 1

From asking questions to Scalextric technical staff in the UK I asked Ok if I hook up say a DS-0022 Controller Hook up after market power supply and better 3 wire controllers will the ARC 1 still work as a Race Management system. They say if powered up by it's own supply the Race Management would still work with a Smart Phone or Tablet.
          Of course no power control but Lap Counting would still work. Good point if you were thinking about any control features the ARC 1 may have over the cars. Not sure I remember if it actually controls car power, of course if your not running through the base it will only know to score races, no fuel features.
          So yes and no, maybe. I better go back to Scalextric
          Alan Smith
          SCI Owner.
          www.scaleracing.com
          www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

I don't put a whole lot of faith in the info provided by buys at booths at toy fairs. If Adrian says something, I'll be more inclined to assume it's true. The proof of the pudding will be in the tasting, though.

Comment

This was Adrian 2 days ago.
              Alan Smith
              SCI Owner.
              www.scaleracing.com
              www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Working...
              X