F1 chips dying?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 chips dying?

Recently, I have had an issue with two F1 7005 chips that just appear to die. Both were in stock Scalextric GT40's. They run great for awhile then all of a sudden the car just dies. I've tried them in another car and no go. Put a new chip in one of the cars and it works fine. One of the chips actually lasted a few weeks before meeting it's fate. The other maybe a week. I have checked the wiring, soldering, etc. and although I thought one was a wiring issue it now appears that the chip itself is the issue. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mark

If it's the same car(s) killing the chips, then I'd look more closely at the cars. It might be that the motors are pulling more amps than they should, especially if the magnet is still in and tires are wearing down.

Don't toss the chips, though. Contact GMyers for chip repair. They'll come back better than new, and unlikely to ever blow again.

Comment

Thanks Greg. Two different cars. The magnets are still in and running silicone tires. I sent GMyers a PM so hope to hear from him and then will send them in for repair.
      Mark

Comment

Looked at each of the failed F1 chips and definitely on one TR1 bit the dust. The other one I can find no evidence of an obvious failure. I did have one GT40 that seemed to have more drag than the other one and I think that is the one that toasted TR1. Nothing obvious with car, running silicone tires, but maybe too strong of a magnet downforce?

I'll send both of them in for repair/upgrade

Comment

Working...
        X