HELP! NEW car is stuttering on track.... doesn't seem controller related

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! NEW car is stuttering on track.... doesn't seem controller related

So finally the day came for me to open my sons new digital platinum set.

After getting all cars set to 33% and upgrading firmware with special cable purchased thanks to this group, it was ready to play.

First thing it noticed is all the cars run different at 33%. I wanted to go to 50% BUT then my son who is only 5 will crash so left it for now.

ONE major issue seems to be with one of the cars (Red Porsche). It stutters along the track even when full throttle is given. I've taken the car apart and it seems ok. I've tried another controller and it does the same thing. The car just doesn't run as fast and sometimes stops dead.

I've tried to increase power of car to 50% and still same result.

HELP

Could I possibly have a bad car? Is there a controller setting I can do to help this?

Steve

Nah, that's probably the good old conductivity thing. That's the reason why you see many digital people suggesting the application of INOX to the rails and/or the braid of a car. To see if that's the problem, get some WD-40 and spritz a little on the braids of that car, and run it around. If the stutter is gone for a while, then you know that's the issue. WD-40 will not last very long, though. What you want is to order a bottle of INOX MX3 from somewhere. 132slotcar.us sells it. Follow this guide to apply it:
    http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...0&postcount=65

Comment

Thanks!!

I will look for that product.

Comment

inox works great, but the first thing to do is just make sure that the braids are properly adjusted. with the scaley cars, the braid is sort-of looped around the quick change guide plate. i like to remove the plate, unloop the braids, and reinstall the braids so that it looks like there are two separate braids on each side. this, in conjunction with setting the end of the braids so that they contact the track properly, tends to help with connectivity.

Comment

Yes, definitely take a look at the braids. Compare them to cars that work well, and fix any differences you see, if you're not sure what boopies means.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFlippant View Post
            Yes, definitely take a look at the braids. Compare them to cars that work well, and fix any differences you see, if you're not sure what boopies means.
            Thanks guys.

Are there any photos on this site which shows what properly set braids look like?

Comment

Working...
            X