No announcement yet.

My SSDC is No longer Working...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I will update my APB And see if that helps.
    My ABP is right after a corner That mite be what is happening, But why will it pick up my Scalextric cars but not the Carrera cars?

Comment

Right AFTER a corner is the WORST place for it. Even the update won't make sliding cars be detected. The car MUST be straight as it crosses the line. Same with lane changers, so if you have any of those right after a turn, you might want to move them, if you're adjusting your layout anyway.

I don't know what you did to the guide on your Carrera, so I can't say why it's not working. Guides can have problems if they're not black, and the plastic lets IR light through them, and/or if they're shallow in the slot, so the beam can get around them. Guides should be black and deep, if at all possible. Note that even if a guide is deep, that doesn't mean it's deep in the slot. The ride height at the front can make a huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFlippant View Post
        Right AFTER a corner is the WORST place for it. Even the update won't make sliding cars be detected. The car MUST be straight as it crosses the line. Same with lane changers, so if you have any of those right after a turn, you might want to move them, if you're adjusting your layout anyway.

I don't know what you did to the guide on your Carrera, so I can't say why it's not working. Guides can have problems if they're not black, and the plastic lets IR light through them, and/or if they're shallow in the slot, so the beam can get around them. Guides should be black and deep, if at all possible. Note that even if a guide is deep, that doesn't mean it's deep in the slot. The ride height at the front can make a huge difference.
        Big time, especially if the car under power is light up front it can skim right over the sensor without triggering it. A well setup magless car with wheels on the contact surface has no problems... and I put my apb at the end of a straight to ensure the front end is loaded at the point it's being passed over. Function 100% of time with no problems.

Comment

After 1500 laps no lap counts where missed When Scalextric DPR cars went threw the APB. But take a car with the permanent chip None where counted, Scalextric or Carrera cars. Is there a setting in SSDC that I don't know about?

I will move the APB to the end and see if that fixes the problem, But it dose not make any sense why it wont pick up any cars with a permanent chip.

Comment

No, but it still depends on the guide. All DPR cars will have Sport guides, for sure. Other cars with soldered in chips might have any number of guide types out there. Make sure all the guides are black. That's the first, and easiest thing.

But, until you've updated the code in the power base, digital cars that have guides that aren't being picked up by the guide sensor will not count properly. Those same cars will have problems in analog mode as well.

Comment

Ok thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X