Hello from Huntsville, Al.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbice58
    started a topic Hello from Huntsville, Al.

Hello from Huntsville, Al.

I just ordered this set to start with ,getting my grandson and daughter into some slots cars. 1/32 Slot Car Set, Scalextric Digital Racer, C1327 ,we normally run 1/10 trucks during the summer time ,thought this would be good for winter time and when it rainy and nasty outside. Thinking I should get the 6 car power controller so I can adjust some of the speeds. Do I need the extra power supply if just running 3 or 4 cars? Sorry for the long first post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Wet Coast Racer
    replied
    Bruce, I've shifted both of your posts over to the Scalextric Digital Forum here, and Merged them into one. There's a redirect in 1/32 Forum. Paul

Leave a comment:

• MrFlippant
    replied
    Not long at all.

You should be able to run 3-4 cars off just one power supply just fine. The C7042 base is MUCH better at power management, even with just one power supply, than the 4 car base is.

If you start to run faster cars or more cars, then a second PSU is a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• bbice58
    replied
    Repost from 1/32

I just ordered this set to start with ,getting my grandson and daughter into some slots cars. 1/32 Slot Car Set, Scalextric Digital Racer, C1327 ,we normally run 1/10 trucks during the summer time ,thought this would be good for winter time and when it rainy and nasty outside. Thinking I should get the 6 car power controller so I can adjust some of the speeds. Do I need the extra power supply if just running 3 or 4 cars? Sorry for the long first post.

Bruce

Leave a comment:

• meledward23
    replied
    Digital tracks are always 100% power (drop an analog car on a digital track and watch it fly).

The chip in the car is what regulates how much power goes to the motor. So I imagine there is a tolerance range for the chip, but I dont know what it is. Carrera I believe as 14.6 volts and 18volts, and the chips handle those ranges fine. I run d143 on my 124 track with no issues.

Then there are two issues with how many cars in digital. Amperage (which is why 124 Carrera is 4) or the number of car ID's a CU can handle (which is why D143 is 3)

At least that is my understanding. And my references are all Carrera as it is what I own and know.

Leave a comment:

• MikeySlotCars
    replied
    I'll admit I don't know much about digital side as I only raced analog & AC2 system but would digital track need a constant voltage 12-14v?
    If you go to high the electronics will blow or to low & it won't work , so you must be very, very limited as for variable voltage on digital track , right?

Mikey

Leave a comment:

• meledward23
    replied
    I am not familiar with the Scaelxtric stuff, so I can't comment about the cars per powerbase.

I would suggest you ask your question over in the digital zone, and you will get a knowledgeable answer sooner than later...

Having a Powerbase to adjust speeds is great, imho, especially for younger ones. I no longer run on lower power, but my kids do. They have moved up from 30% to 60% over the last year, so progress!!! I think adjustable power is the only reason I was able to get into slot cars.

Leave a comment:

• Wet Coast Racer
    replied
    to SCI!

Looks like you've been lurking a while.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X