power supply for SSD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power supply for SSD

Good Day, I need a 2nd power supply for my APB and see that some people here use one from a Toshiba laptop. I was looking at the following and wanted to know if the end that gets plugged into the power base will fit or have to be modified?

http://www.amazon.com/CBD-Adapter-Sa...toshiba+15v+4a

Thanks,

SCN

That should be a direct fit. Just be sure to get TWO of them, and put the original Scalextric one aside. The power supplies must be identical, because the power gets combined, and if they don't agree, things won't work correctly. And I'm not talking volts and amps, but frequencies and stuff that they don't even put on the labels. RikoRocket or Slotfiend could explain it better, but I just take them at their word on this kind of stuff.

Comment

Thank you again MrFlippant.

Much appreciated.

SCN

Originally posted by MrFlippant View Post
      That should be a direct fit. Just be sure to get TWO of them, and put the original Scalextric one aside. The power supplies must be identical, because the power gets combined, and if they don't agree, things won't work correctly. And I'm not talking volts and amps, but frequencies and stuff that they don't even put on the labels. RikoRocket or Slotfiend could explain it better, but I just take them at their word on this kind of stuff.

Comment

Working...
      X