Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as of 4-11-17 only 4 arc pro power bases

still available for preorder from scaly usa

Preordered mine along with two extra controllers.
    If do not use it here with electronic device, have 4 car lap counter that should work fine.
    Can hardly wait , so my turn to ask Mr Flippant that often repeated begging question,
    "when is arc pro coming ?"

digital wireless

It killed SCX, next up Scalextric ☠ How does Carrera do it?
    Last edited by JWEBDRD; 04-11-2017, 08:40 PM.

Comment

SCX changed more than just the base though.
      Also I have no more info on release than anyone else.

Comment

Mr Flippant whats up with that ?

Thought arc air was suppose to be a success with wireless ?
        Am I being warned about pro ?
        Is it going to be another artin like wireless failure (about year 2000) ?
        Oh no mr bill.

By the way saw the super slot car party story about your first rental and lap counter not counting one lane and you were checking it out and said was not the track, whatever that meant ?
        Surprised you do not go simple now and install 4 car lap counter.

Appears you build a woody rental or is that bad eyes ?
        What is that single lane changer on straight or slight curve ?

just curious
        gorpie

Comment

I haven't seen anything yet to indicate that the Q4 release is at risk.. mind you.. why would they tell me? :-D ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by gorp View Post
            Thought arc air was suppose to be a success with wireless ?
            Am I being warned about pro ?
            Is it going to be another artin like wireless failure (about year 2000) ?
            Oh no mr bill.
            Pardon my implied language, but what the HECK are you on about?
            In case you (and maybe other readers) don't know, I'm just a regular guy. I have no special connection to Hornby/Scalextric. I just try to keep up to date on the news and to have knowledge enough to answer people's requests for help when possible. The fact that I have no special "insider" information is absolutely meaningless. I only know what is public knowledge. If it's not out there somewhere, I don't know it. If I don't know something that's out there, it's only because I haven't gotten to it yet. Jeez, Gorp. Next you'll be saying that if a product isn't in the next container load from China, it must be canceled. :\

And comparing it to Artin? Really? That's almost as bad as the previous comparison to what SCX did. For those who haven't been following along, this power base is just that... A new base that offers wireless controllers and a race interface through your mobile device. It does NOT IN ANY WAY CHANGE THE FUNDAMENTAL FUNCTIONS OF THE SYSTEM (like SCX did). Your track and cars and chips and lane changers and all will still work just fine with this new base. It also doesn't suddenly make your old bases stop working. If you don't want the features it offers, don't buy it. Only thing you can't use are the current wired controllers you might have, and whatever software you might be using to run races... at least to start with.

By the way saw the super slot car party story about your first rental and lap counter not counting one lane and you were checking it out and said was not the track, whatever that meant ?
            It meant that the lap counting fault was not damage or defect in the sensor track, but something has gone wrong with the base. Note that I have split my base from the track with wiring, and therefore voided my warranty. It's a risk I took, and in this one case, it has bitten me. This is why I always note that splitting the base from the track will void the warranty on the base, whenever the subject comes up.

Surprised you do not go simple now and install 4 car lap counter.
            There's no such thing as a 4 car lap counter, Gorp. Maybe you mean the Scalextric C7039 Digital Lap Counter track? That's a 6 car lap counter, Gorp. Every Scalextric Digital lap counter on the market does 6 cars, so I'm not sure what you're referring to. Feel free to clear that comment up for me.

Now, if you DO mean the C7039, the reason I don't use it is because it is not the kind of lap counter I want. Would it have worked in a pinch when my APB failed on me? Sure. Too bad it wouldn't FIT on my portable track in the first place. There are other reasons, but I won't belabor the point.

Honestly, I'm the one who's surprised, here, that you seem to care so much about the ARC Pro. You almost seem enthusiastic about it. I just never figured you for having any interest in this product... at all. Ever.

Appears you build a woody rental or is that bad eyes ?
            What is that single lane changer on straight or slight curve ?
            Bad eyes? Maybe. You apparently missed the photos and description that showed that I painted the track. The single lane changer you're referring to could only be a curved lane changer, something that has existed since the beginning of the SSD system, though recently discontinued. There are 3 of them on my track. That, or you're referring to the custom racing line lane changer. This is something that has been made and shown by multiple people online over the last several years. It involves cutting up two like CLCs and putting them together into a chicane with a lane changer that takes the racing line.

Oh, and don't worry, I've got an APB on pre-order... since it was announced some 5 years ago.

Comment

sorry to have disturbed you at the start of silly slot season

guess it must be for waiting so many years
              and maybe answering the when question so often
              gosh should read more upgrade info
              as mentioned before
              first apb here was dead counting one lane
              your rental track looks nice
              the 6 car lap counter here is defective
              only counts top 4
              keep the bunny off the track and
              have a nice easter
              gorp
              darn
              forgot what you posted earlier
              when did you say ...

Since you asked me why even buy one, started me thinking why.
              Guess its because since the issue of apb lap counter failure ,from your posting and mine previously, made me think
              that is another weak point on power base besides port loss discussed on another thread.
              Ok without apb lap counter that leaves basically a pb6 with analog possible and a larger screen to see commands,
              requiring what I still call a 4 car lap counter.
              Now since have no wifi here thought might learn how to with arc pro because have amazon fire 7 which maybe usable based on some reports seen.
              Gosh wouldn't it be funny that the giant store on the net selling scaly products could not make their own product acceptable by scaly to operate.
              Another reason for arc pro here would be choice of power base placement would be better.
              Analog could work here by switching arc pro with arc wired or build the revell around scaly digital.
              Perhaps arc pro will lead to advanced arc pro that runs analog also or it could be the end of line.
              So thats my dilemma and figure may have years yet to decide if it has real value to me or is waste of money.
              Hope this answers your question Mr Flippant.
              Last edited by gorp; 04-14-2017, 05:00 PM. Reason: to answer your question

Comment

you are right Mr Flippant

in reality have no real need for arc pro
                pb4 (3) and 6 (4) car lap counter serves play adequately here
                so canceled preorder

eagerly await watching your arc pro video when you are done making it
                how soon will that be ?
                sorry bout the bad joke

Comment

I'll probably do an unboxing, but nothing fancy like before.

Comment

Personally I prefer the app-enabled features and getting the most out of the system without a PC. The wierless controllers are a Godsend when racing with kids.

I agree that for existing digital racers the gap is not that great but for new users a nice step forward!

Comment

Working...
                    X