Formula 1 Car chipping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula 1 Car chipping

Before i start operating.. has anyone chipped a scalextrix Formula 1 car yet? (as there is no chassis for the sensor install)

It won't be easy and secondly you will need to cut off the big black capacitor and run fly leads so you can place it in a spare spot. I can't recall any Scorpius users so far chipping an F1.
    Rick

Comment

Yea man and it was tedious but can be done. I did 2 and the carrera F1 chip just barely fits with some trimming and stuff. It was time consuming and a challenge but I was really into it then and nothing was going to stop me. Now as I look back I would never take that time to do it again when it just is not worth it. Cars already chipped are so much cheaper . Carrera just needs to come up with more F1 liveries. I guess you could run the Formula E cars they have with F 1 as they are compatible to get more liveries running at once. Hell with a 18v pack you can run 6 controlled cars and 4 ghosts for a total of 10 blazing around. Its crazy fun!

Comment

Originally posted by injectorman View Post
        It won't be easy and secondly you will need to cut off the big black capacitor and run fly leads so you can place it in a spare spot. I can't recall any Scorpius users so far chipping an F1.
        Rick
        You can do away with the capacitor all together in most cases. Just remove.

Comment

Working...
        X