Battery changing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery changing

I've had my Scorpius controller for a couple of years now and I like it very much. Except when it is time to change the batteries. Opening up the controller to change the batteries, while simple can be dangerous (broken wires and losing parts). I recently had to get a new controller due to an unfortunate fall to the floor and decided that since I have a spare case I would try a little modification. I cut the handle just below the trigger making it possible to access the batteries without removing their holders. Now it takes less than a minute to open the handle, change the batteries and close it up.

Great idea!

Comment

Comment

Glue the nut into the handle for even less parts to lose.

Great idea.

Comment

I had the nut glued before, and now that I've made the handle cut I can change batteries in less than a minute. I used to run the batteries 'till I couldn't read the screen, but it's so easy now I switch the rechargeables whenever it gets dim. A easy and very helpful mod!

Comment

Would it be possible to fit rechargeable batteries and install a charging port?
            Usb chargers are everywhere now just plug it in for a fast charge when you're not racing?

Comment

Rechargeable batteries are not recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFlippant View Post
                Rechargeable batteries are not recommended.
                Any reason why rechargeable batteries cannot be used?

Comment

I'm not sure it's so much a "can't" be used, but problems with the controller often come down to the power inside, and so the first recommendation is going to be to put alkaline batteries in it, should any issues arise that are otherwise inexplicable.

I'm sure Rick (injectorman, owner of Scorpius) can explain if there's more explanation needed.

Comment

I'm not sure about a charging port (you might need to protect the car chip), but I've been using NiMH rechargeable batteries in all of mine for months without issue. A pair doesn't last as long as alkaline, but it's a lot nicer than buying them over & over and having to dispose of them properly.

Comment

Was there been this problem arise???
                      Went to change batteries as I was inspecting
                      I noticed on the circuit board has been damaged...
                      From the batteries...so no more scorpius for me...

Rossko

Comment

Originally posted by GAS41T View Post
                        Was there been this problem arise???
                        Went to change batteries as I was inspecting
                        I noticed on the circuit board has been damaged...
                        From the batteries...so no more scorpius for me...

Rossko
                        Can you be more specific? What kind of damage to the circuit board?
                        How/why do you think the batteries did the damage?

I've been using Scorpius for quite a few years now, and have not heard of anyone having any similar issues.

Comment

Iíll take pics....

Comment

The batteries are a good distance from the circuit board and like Rossko I have had any problems with batteries leaking. But I do remove them if I'm not going to be using the controller for a while.

Comment

Its Lithium batteries you shouldnt use. They darken the screen.

Comment

Working...
                              X