SCX Trainer 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCX Trainer 2

I saw this mentioned in Nov/Dec 2006 issue of MCR. No part number was given. Is this item still available? Time laps are fine but i would like the thrill of out cornering another car as I blast down the straightaway. Alan do you stock this?

Originally posted by arroldn
    I saw this mentioned in Nov/Dec 2006 issue of MCR. No part number was given. Is this item still available? Time laps are fine but i would like the thrill of out cornering another car as I blast down the straightaway. Alan do you stock this?
    Hi,
    My then 7 year old learned to race with one. It came with what SCX calls "SiC" or SCX intelligent Control System.
    When racing against the trainer it will sense after each lap if it is in the lead or lagging.
    • If the car driven by the trainer is in the lead then it will decrease speed so that you can try to catch up to it.
    • If the car driven by the trainer is lagging behind then it will increase speed to try to catch up to you and win.
    The trainer was a real neat item. It also had additional functions:
    • timed race
    • lap timer
    • lap counter
    • double chronometer
    • race time recorder/fastest lap recorder/race winner
    It also performed these functions if you were racing with 2 cars/drivers.
    If my old inventory files in sPlan are correct the part number could have been 88010 or 88020. Not sure why I had 2 entries but if I remember correctly it came with a 1/2 straight whose wires hooked up to the power straight (but then I could be completely wrong).

After a while my son got better at racing and we ended up selling the item.
    The only drawback was the fact that it came with a transistor that needed to be attached to the engine of the car that would be driven by the Trainer. It came with 2 transistors so you could chip 2 different cars

We used the Scalextric Pacer Units after that which had a manual dial to increase or decrease speed. The main reason we switched to Scalextric Pacers was the fact that we had a classic 4 lane lay-out and the Pacers were easier to use and program as no cars needed to be chipped with transistors.

I hope this information was useful for you.

Comment

this belonged on 132 forum

since mag mentioned alternatives

if u can find it still
      believe
      scaly challenger was best slot car product ever made
      hard to beat if set up correctly
      and can be used with any analog system

Comment

Working...
      X