X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCX Nascar Digital set

Does anybody have a review or any comments on this race set

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=SCX10040

I'm thinking about purchasing this set but i need feedback if anybody has any. Plus i am a huge Harvick fan so that is one of the selling points for me.

First question - and only asking since this is your first post - are you definite in wanting/needing the "digital" advantages/disadvantages of this set.

Taking the "digital" aspect out the question - the SCX NASCAR's reportedly run quite well, and so do the newer other types of SCX cars. The track and other components are also as good as the other manufacturers. Note, other makes digital cars will not work digitally on SCX, but that holds true for all the different digital track systems being non-interchangeable.

Being a NASCAR fan myself, I couldn't resist the offer from Fantasy World Hobbies of the non-digital set for $120.00 - a little less track, but included the Reese's #29 as a third car - and free shipping as well. Though not a Harvick fan...I do love them peanut butter cups

Having Fun - Da Vols

Comment

there are no slot car tracks around my house or within an hours drive, this is only going to be used in my building with my friends. i have the choice of this or a pool table and everybody has a pool table. as far as i know there will be no other place i will be taking my car to.

Comment

As you know, the main advantage of digital is being able to run more than 2 cars on a 2-lane track...if that feature is attractive to you then you'll be quite happy with the set. Of course we're talking NASCAR racin' here so being able to apply the "chrome horn" ala Mr Harvick is also an attractive feature

Do shop around a little though as prices vary and many of the slot car shops offer free shipping which could be a nice savings.

Have Fun - Da Vols

Comment

Originally posted by jmorgan2942 View Post
          Does anybody have a review or any comments on this race set

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=SCX10040
          Being from Europe I admit I'm clueless on NASCAR but I thought that racing went CCW (counter clock wise)???
          I look at the link to the set you mention and it seems that the racing goes CW (clock wise)???
          Am I missing something or was SCX in Spain missing something?

Comment

NASCAR...and oval racing in general...is all about turning left. Not sure what you see in the picture of the set that makes you think otherwise...one way or the other for that matter???

Having Fun - Da Vols

Comment

Originally posted by Da Vols View Post
              NASCAR...and oval racing in general...is all about turning left. Not sure what you see in the picture of the set that makes you think otherwise...one way or the other for that matter???
              The staggered start lines seem to indicate clockwise rotation. This is also the direction every other home set I've seen runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Vols View Post

Having Fun - Da Vols
                I clicked on "enlarge" and also noticed the staggered start lines (just like PeteN95 pointed out as well). Are we missing something or has SCX released a Digital Powerbase that can also run CCW?

Comment

I guess SCX just made a "one-size-fits-all" power base for all its different track layouts regardless of the race series.

NASCAR doesn't have a standing staggered starting grid in any event...though the pole sitter does have the option of starting on the inside or outside lane.

Having Fun - Da Vols

Comment

Working...
                  X