Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the delay in sending the Club Cars out. They were produced the first week of June, but it took over a month to get them on a container to the USA and Spain.

Dave, you might ask someone to do a technical review on the car. Often club cars are made inexpensively to be shelf queens (basically), but this particular car should perform well, and is easily upgraded to SCX Digital with the conversion kit #2 (Ref 20320).

Thanks again for your patience.

Chuck Ehredt

Comment

Oo! So it is digital compatible. I just might need to join. Will there be 2008 cars for a late comer like me?

Comment

????

So where are they?

Originally posted by ChuckEhredt View Post
        Sorry for the delay in sending the Club Cars out. They were produced the first week of June, but it took over a month to get them on a container to the USA and Spain.

Dave, you might ask someone to do a technical review on the car. Often club cars are made inexpensively to be shelf queens (basically), but this particular car should perform well, and is easily upgraded to SCX Digital with the conversion kit #2 (Ref 20320).

Thanks again for your patience.

Chuck Ehredt

Comment

They are supposed to be here within about a week or so....

Comment

Originally posted by Danni O'Laisip View Post
            Oo! So it is digital compatible. I just might need to join. Will there be 2008 cars for a late comer like me?
            Yes, you will be able to get a Club Car. And yes it is D-compatible.

Comment

Did the boat get in a wreck? LOL

Originally posted by DaveKennedy View Post
              They are supposed to be here within about a week or so....

Comment

Car arrived in today's mail. While it had come loose from the case and was rattling about, there was no damage. I immediately took it to the track and ran a lap to be sure it was all working ok. Then I lubed it and since I run low voltage, I removed the magnet.

Even with the stock tires, which tend to get little grip on my Scalextric Sport track, it was obvious that this was going to be the fastest of my stock SCX cars. Some I have will barely crawl around at 10vdc. While I didn't have the correct tires for it, I put on a set of True-Grips designed for Fly classics and it started running laps 2 seconds less than before. Though still a bit 'slidey', I am very pleased with the car. It seems to be using a RX-42 motor, but is much better running than similar motors in my SCX NASCARS.

Though I've only got about 40 laps on my 165 foot track, the car seems to be the best of the lot and I have to thank SCX for providing such a fast runner for us. I'm also thankful that it has lights as the black car tends to disappear on the black track from time to time!

Scott
                Last edited by svanaken; 08-29-2008, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Club car is easily best SCX car I have

I recieved my SCX club car yesterday and took it to ACE Hobby where I got some YellowDog tires on it, removed the magnet, and put a rubber washer on the guide post to pin it in one level position. After a few laps I quickly realized that this would be my fastest, non slot-it, no-magnet GT car. I quickly ran it to 12.8 seconds on Ace's 155 ft. track and I could see that that I could probably get it to the low 12 seconds area with a little more pratice. Some of the other of the other, better racers probaly could get their times to the 11 second range very easily which would compare with our Slot-it Geoup C no-magnet class.
                  I would like to take this opportunity to remember a legendary American Formula One Grand Prix Champion and spokesman for Aurora's Model Motoring H.O. racing, Phill Hill, who passed away on thursday at his home in California. As Dan said yesterday, He won his first Professional Race in the 50's on a combination paved and gravel road course before my birth and he won his last professional race in the Chaparral 2F with co-driver Mike Spence in the B.O.A.C. 500 in 1967. The was the last driver to win a Grand Prix race in a Front engined car, a Ferrari. He was also the last person to co-drive a wining Front engined car at the 24 Hours of LeMans. His endorsement of Aurora's Model Mototing H.O. Racing Cars and sets helped to bring slot cars out of just mere toys and into a hobby that grew for all scales of Micro (1/87) Racers, H.O. (1/64), !/43, 1/32, & 1/24 scales that are raced regularly. I remember that Phill Hill realy did enjoy slot cars as he did visit the slot tracks that were set up at the Watkins Glen race track on Grand Prix weekends.
                  Good-Bye Phill Hill.

Comment

Another motor, what's specs?

Motor on the club car shows as an RX-42E, speed seems to be somewhere between the 42B and 42H which alphabetically/numerically makes sense. Anybody know what the RPM and torque specs are on this motor? Very good performer, glad I got two so I'm racing one and saving one.

Comment

will you race it box-stock?

missed you today, big guy!

Comment

Box stock or...

Already took a giant leap from my usual pattern and took this one out of the box. Hoping to find out motor rating so I'll know what RPM class I can run this in, typically we run a 20kRPM and under class and a 25k RPM and under class. If anything I might gear it down a bit and add a touch of weight up front, I haven't removed the magnet yet.

I hear you'll be helping with tech inspection Saturday. If so, I'll probably be able to sneak this car through as a Ninco 997, especially if I paint it Halloween orange and black.

Comment

I don't know about that "E" designation. My car has the B motor, I'm wondering if part of the "B" that's supposed to be on your motor got removed by accident. I'll have another look at my club car to make sure.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the club car!
                          DK

edit... we have a new motor! I have no idea what this motor is... but it's sure an RX-42E! Gosh... what's next?
                          Last edited by DaveKennedy; 09-02-2008, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Mine has just arrived, the detailing looks great and the car overall looks great! I cant wait to get it on a track.

Thanks guys!

Comment

Deleted for clarity...

DaveK
                              Last edited by DaveKennedy; 09-02-2008, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Just a quick note, mine has the 42 "E" motor, would be keen to find out more about this motor.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X