X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• race301
    started a topic SCX Club Car

SCX Club Car

I joined the SCX club 3 weeks ago, and I have not got the SCX Club Car, or have even heard a peep? My Pay-Pal went thru ok. Any Info?

• nascar03
    replied
    Thanx Dave...
    I was just funnin' with ya.
    Here's hoping 2015 is the rebuilding year for SCX.
    Thanx
    Graham

Leave a comment:

• LDFan
    replied
    Originally posted by nascar03 View Post
    I haven't heard anything about a 2014 SCX Club Car...!
    Should I be worried?
    LOL
    Graham..

Why would that even be a "worry"?

A car is a car and if they skipped a year or two (like they did in 2012 and 2013 for the worldwide market) it's not the end of the world. In fact, it's an an opportunity (at least for me) to spend on one less car for that year.

I'm sure if SCX felt that 2014 is the year to really get their marketing back into play, they will have already made an effort to promote a CC since it takes a year to really make that happen (all the pre-orders, scheduling a production run, shipping them out, etc). However, we're already in March so I would say to forget about 2014 and hopefully they'll look to 2015 for an uptick in promotions (especially if they are true to their promise that 2015 is the year for some big advancements in the digital arena).

Dave
    Last edited by LDFan; 03-03-2014, 02:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nascar03
    replied
    I haven't heard anything about a 2014 SCX Club Car...!
    Should I be worried?
    LOL
    Graham..

Leave a comment:

• LDFan
    replied
    Originally posted by DeCastro45 View Post
    Hi, I will like to know if the 2009 and 2010 Club Cars does also have the new RX 42E motor.
    Thanks.

For certain, the 2009 Club Car had the RX-42B and I am inclined to believe the 2010 CC will also have the "B".

The unofficial reason for dropping the "E" after the 2008 CC was due to compatibility issues when using the car in digital mode (the motor was too powerful and constantly burned out the chips). Downgrading back to the "B" in most cases reduces the chance of excessive chip failure.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• DeCastro45
    replied
    Hi, I will like to know if the 2009 and 2010 Club Cars does also have the new RX 42E motor.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Livingston
    replied
    If you want to treat the Porsche as a GT2 or GT3 car, which it is in real life, change to an RX-42B motor, and race against the SCX Morgan Aero 8 with that same motor. I find they are equally matched, but have different handling characteristics, as the Morgan is lower. With medium grip tires, the higher CG of the Porsche allows it to corner faster, but it rolls over if you go too fast. The Morgan never rolls.

The motor that SCX supplies in the Club car is the RX-42E, with identical performance to the Pro Speed motor (about 20k RPM/12v). The RX-42B is a little slower, rated 18k/12v.
    Last edited by Robert Livingston; 12-06-2008, 05:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gene465
    replied
    What's a good car to race alongside the Club Car? I just got mine after joining a bit over a week ago, Superfast shipping! Thanks Bryan and Dave, Gene

Leave a comment:

• RatedZ
    replied
    Apologies for digging up an old, dead thread, but I'm guessing the club car is Analog? If so, will the Digital System "change-over" kit work with this car? I just found out about the Club and just want to be sure I'll be able to use the car for more than something to collect dust.

Leave a comment:

• DaveKennedy
    replied
    This has been confirmed with Barcelona, you can buy a second (or third if you like) Club car from Bryan.

Leave a comment:

• DaveKennedy
    replied
    Endbell on the Pro motor

Originally posted by race301 View Post
    Best running SCX car I have ever had. Are there any other SCX cars with this motor & gear combo? I have been turned off of SCX stuff till I got this one. Dave.
    I'm very glad you like this car! I got to race this car at my club and it's sure faster than most SCX's, obviously due to the faster motor. And I think this motor has that extra bit of something that many guys will like for sure. Personally, I'm hoping that the "E" motor becomes available as a replacement part. But if you'd like to make your own you can always convert the Pro Speed Motor (which IS available as a replacement part from your local hobbyshop or supporting advertiser here on SCI) by swapping the endbell from a standard motor with a "2" in it with the Pro Motor's endbell you know.

Also if you'd like another Club car you can do that as well, simply contact Bryan Young and he'll get you another one for another $35.00.

DK

Leave a comment:

• race301
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert Livingston View Post
    As far as I know, the RX-42E has never been standard equipment in a car before now.

Gear ratio of the RX-42E in the Club Porsche is 3:1, a standard ratio for SCX.
    Thanks Robert, I have all the Judds, but this car is much better.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Livingston
    replied
    As far as I know, the RX-42E has never been standard equipment in a car before now.

Gear ratio of the RX-42E in the Club Porsche is 3:1, a standard ratio for SCX.

Leave a comment:

• race301
    replied
    Best running SCX car I have ever had. Are there any other SCX cars with this motor & gear combo? I have been turned off of SCX stuff till I got this one. Dave.

Leave a comment:

• SlotNovice
    replied
    me too ..

watta beautiful car - much nicer in person than in pics

might i suggest a Cupra for the next?

thanks alot brian, dave and SCX .. very well done

pete

Leave a comment:

Working...
X