SCX NASCAR VS: SCX digital NASCAR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCX NASCAR VS: SCX digital NASCAR

Just what is the difference between the digital chassis and the regular chassis?
    Or should I ask, can I pull the digital controller unit out of the chassis and run it on regular track?
    A burnin' hunk of question for today.....

Scott

As long as its not the "pro" chassis, they are the same. You just have to pull out the digital chip and put in the analog brass strip that conects the braids to the motor and you need to switch out the guide from digital to analog guide. Chassis is identical. East to convert to run analog to digital and back.

Comment

Perfect...
      Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by baharris3 View Post
        As long as its not the "pro" chassis, they are the same. You just have to pull out the digital chip and put in the analog brass strip that conects the braids to the motor and you need to switch out the guide from digital to analog guide. Chassis is identical. East to convert to run analog to digital and back.
        I'd like to do this conversion as well with a different SCX car. Where does one get the replacement brass strips and which guide (several are listed at places that have replacement parts)?

I notice that there seems to be no way to actually hold down the brass strips on the chassis unless one super glues them in place. Would it be best to just jumper the chipset?

Scott
        Last edited by svanaken; 06-17-2010, 02:08 PM.

Comment

If the car is a V1 (pre 2008) areo style nascar or other car that has been digital it will use brass strips that was set into the cassis and then the tabs that hold the brass strips down were then melted to hold in the strips. If the car never had the brass strips then the heat tabs will still be there. Trying to find the repalcement brass strips for the V1 style of cars is a problem and IMO the only way to make theses cars analog is to just solder wires from the pickups to the motor or I have some bad V1 chips that I totaly removed all the componets from and soldered jumpers across the pcb to make a drop in analog chip.

If the car is post 2008 (V2) style you can get a analog chip from Bryan Young that will just repace the V2 chip. Or use one from another car if you want.

The guide balde does not need to be replaced. other than the Lane change plunger the guide has the same measurments on the flag. It is just when going from analog to digital that you need to repace the guide because the analog one does not have the plunger and you need the different digital one that does.

I have seen where some one made up a pcb that just had the pickup legs and motor/light legs on it that droped in but no one makes these repalcement parts for the V1 cars. It is something that I would like to see SCX do and sell but they have not yet.

Keith

Comment

I have analog brass strips for V1 and for v2 that I would be willing to trade or work with someone on. Also have some analog guides and maybe an analog front axle or two.

Comment

Thank you for your responses. The car is a current Ferrari 599B Fiorano that I got for a VERY good price. When I removed the chip, it also had the power strips that went from the motor to the guide come along for the ride. (perhaps this is the V2 you mention). That is why I was wondering about the possibility of jumpering the chip with wire. I'll cut the circuit board it in half if having the chip in parallel with the jumper will cause problems.

Scott

Comment

Well, I removed the fuse and jumpered the chip. It seems to work well enough, but the guide is too wide to work well on my Sport track as it hangs up quite a bit. Seems like a replacement is necessary.

Scott

Comment

Working...
                X