Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCX F1 Super Tire Option?

Hello all,

I can't seem to find any info on Super Tires for SCX F1 cars. Does anyone know which (if any) Super Tire fit the stock SCX F1 rims?

Thanks!

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by domer View Post
      Anyone?
      Take a look over on Slot Car Corner. They have a big list of which tires fit which cars. They are a site supporter and good to deal with.
      Dan

Comment

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply.

I didn't see the SCX F1 on the list ( I may have overlooked it though), but I'll shoot Steve an e-mail. I've ordered from him in the past, and it's always been a great experience.

Thanks again

Comment

Please post what you find out here. I need new rears for Ayrton Senna's car.

Comment

Originally posted by toneout View Post
            Please post what you find out here. I need new rears for Ayrton Senna's car.
            I tried the Super Tires I had on my Ninco F1 (#1202), and their fit is good on my Senna car. After truing the rim, the tire looks to sit nice and flat. I will say that the tires were tough getting on, but once on, everything seems good. I guess the good thing about a tight fit is that you don't need to worry about the tire spinning on the rim!

I'm waiting on a modern era SCX F1 to arrive (purchased used), and will try the same pair of tires and post results. If I don't have luck, I'll shoot Slot Car Corner an email to see if they have any idea what would fit best.

Comment

Originally posted by domer View Post
              I tried the Super Tires I had on my Ninco F1 (#1202), and their fit is good on my Senna car. After truing the rim, the tire looks to sit nice and flat.
              I will try to pick up some of them then. Ayrton needs a lot of help.

Comment

Originally posted by toneout View Post
                ...Ayrton needs a lot of help.
                Maybe he'd do better under wet conditions on your track?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA3Hy0pTjNk"]YouTube- Donington 1993 - First Lap (ENGLISH SUBTITLES)[/ame]
                Last edited by domer; 07-09-2010, 12:30 PM. Reason: link

Comment

Working...
                X