Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCX Power Problems Help please

Hi all I'm new here

I have a SCX Off Road set with a power problem. It seems that the cars are fine tested else were, hand sets seem ok. I have taken them apart and tested with a meter and they look good. Now i can plug every thing in and use one handset/car works great but as soon as i pull the trigger on the secound handset every thing stops then i have to unplug every thig wait 10 mins and then it works again in the same way.

Can anyone advise please? I'm maybe thinking its the power transformer or the powerbase?

any heads up would be great.

Thanks for reading.
    Rizzo

Are there any crossovers in your track, and if so how many? Are there any screws or metal objects in the slot shorting out the rails on the lane that does not work? If you swap controllers does the same controller or same lane act up?

Comment

Originally posted by rizzorat View Post
      Hi all I'm new here

I have a SCX Off Road set with a power problem. It seems that the cars are fine tested else were, hand sets seem ok. I have taken them apart and tested with a meter and they look good. Now i can plug every thing in and use one handset/car works great but as soon as i pull the trigger on the secound handset every thing stops then i have to unplug every thig wait 10 mins and then it works again in the same way.

Can anyone advise please? I'm maybe thinking its the power transformer or the powerbase?

any heads up would be great.

Thanks for reading.
      Rizzo
      It sounds like a dead short with the second controller hooked up and put into use. Carefully check your wiring and like Doc said anything stuck between the rails.
      Try changing the controllers around and see if the second one now hooked up to position 1 causes a shut down when it is used.
      Dan

Comment

Hi
        Guy’s thank you for the advice you gave me to do with the powerbase problem. I have phoned SCX direct and the tech guy there said there was a problem with the Off Road powerbase. So he asked me to send the powerbase back to him and he will repair it or replace it! Awesome service I think can't fault the after sales back these guy's are giving. Thanks to SCX.

Comment

Working...
        X