COT front tire rubbing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COT front tire rubbing

it seems like the front tire of a recently purchased COT is rubbing on the body stiffening post that is right beside it (at least I think that is what it is called). Attempts at getting the wheel to not rub have proved fruitless. Can this post be removed without affecting the car? I don't want to just hack it off and later find out I really screwed something up.

As a note, the wheel is nice and smooth without the body installed.

Scott

The two posts serve the purpose as a lock down device if you were to install a solid front axle into the car such as if you wanted to move over to pro-wheels when running analog.

Thus, you can remove it if you have no intention of ever doing so but I think you can simply bend them a slight bit to prevent the tire rub.

Dave

Comment

Thank you for the info. They are remarkably pliable as I've tried bending them over before. Should have added some heat, methinks.

Scott

Comment

As it turns out, there is a review for the SCX COT that did confirm the tire rub issue being those posts.

Here is the article if you want to read it.

http://www.homeracingworld.com/scxcot.htm

Dave

Comment

better to buy a Scaley COT next time

Oh if only the wheel bases where the same so we could mess around combining the various bodies and chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by Black3sr View Post
            better to buy a Scaley COT next time

Oh if only the wheel bases where the same so we could mess around combining the various bodies and chassis.
            I prefer the Scalextric COT's but have a goodly number of SCX cars due to the different liveries. This one was on deep discount and a livery I didn't have. I ended up removing the posts entirely and it is stopped the rub. Now I just need a new rear axle assembly as the rear wheels are so out of round that the car 'lumps' its way around the track.

Scott

Comment

Working...
            X