Reverse Direction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Direction

I run Carrera and the reverse direction is easy, the polarity switch. I just picked up an SCX 1/32 analog car. How do I reverse direction ??

You have to simply reverse the leads of where the braids attach to the motor. On SCX cars, that's not so easy since they use the brass system vs. plain wire.

To make things somewhat easy, I would place electrical tape over the brass sections that touch the motor leads to create isolation and then solder wires to the motor leads & connect in reverse fashion to the brass tabs further up from the motor.

Dave

Comment

yeah, most slot cars do NOT come with polarity switches. You need to either rewire the car, or rewire your track.

Comment

as Dave mentioned above, the only way to make the SCX car run reverse is via soldering. at that point, my recommendation would be to solder reverse switches into your track rather than reversing the leads on the car. the reason is that the track is a one time thing - install one DPDT switch on each lane and you'll be able to reverse the direction of any car, at any time, simply by flipping a switch. that's a whole lot easier than reversing the leads of each car, every time you want to run in reverse.

Comment

put your control unit on the inside and extend the controllersthru and under the table.

Comment

Originally posted by thumpa View Post
            put your control unit on the inside and extend the controllersthru and under the table.
            I'm pretty sure the discussion was about an analog Carrera set and not an SCX-D system.

Dave

Comment

I bought an external power suply like this:

and only changing + and - cables, it run in oposite direction.

sorry my poor english, Im trying

Comment

Working...
              X