Nascar white shell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nascar white shell

I've decided to try putting decals on a SCX Nascar and thought that SCX sold a white Nascar body???

I couldn't find one on the new SCX website

Does anyone know where I can find one?

Thanks,
    Marc

The part number is 88830 if that helps you.

Comment

That helps, and when I search for it, I looks like SCX used that part number for the older style Nascar white kit and the newer COT white kit.

I'm looking for the older style. If anyone know's where to find one, please let me know.

Thanks,
      Marc

Comment

SCX never released the Aero NASCAR body (older type) in a white body kit. I think they had intended to do it early on but instead changed their mind and offered the COT NASCAR body (new type) instead.

If you really want to paint your own Aero NASCAR, I would suggest buying any of the one's you see for sale and then strip the paint off.

Dave

Comment

Dave is correct- only the COT Impala was offered as a white body by SCX.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

Time to strip an Aflac car.

Anyone have the best way to do this? I've heard break fluid does the trick.

Marc

Comment

rubbing alcohol

at as high a percentage as you can find....92%...just soak the body in it.

TOJ

Comment

I prefer Polly-s "ELO" paint and decal remover. When used, it can be strained through a coffee filter and used again.

This chemical is specially made for removing paint and tampo decoration from plastic models trains/planes/cars.
                Last edited by MG Brown; 09-10-2012, 09:20 AM.

Comment

I have stripped a ton ox scx bodies. Use 91% isopropryl alcohol. Remove all interior and glass and lenses so its just the body and drop the body in and let it soak for a day, sometimes less. It doesn't harm the plastic at all and the old paint and decals with fall right off. Some areas a little tooth brush will take off stubborn stuff stuck in the cracks. I am very leary of anything else because this works so well, is safe,and doesnt risk harm to the plastic. For scx, I wouldn't use anything else.
                  Last edited by baharris3; 09-09-2012, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the advice everyone. Off to Walmart for some alcohol!

Marc

Comment

Working...
                    X