What exactly is an RX-10 motor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly is an RX-10 motor?

I searched forums and google and from what I can tell these seem to be similar to an RX-42B motor around 18,000 rpms.

If any of you are familiar with this motor, is it a direct drop into the standard RX-42 motor pod? Is it any faster or slower than the B motors or about the same?

Where did you even get that number? Was it advertised in relation to an SCX car?

Dave

Comment

http://www.shopping.com/scx-scx-slot...tor-rx-10/info

They were also apparently sold by Sears.com at one time for SCX and also see one listed as an SCX Turbo Pro RX-10

Part number: SCX50120
      SCX Turbo Pro Motor RX-10

Comment

Well it's definitely older stock from what I can tell (packaging was from at least four years back).

I checked the Slot Car News Blogspot that has the motor specs of supposedly all the motors out there....

http://slotcarnews.blogspot.com/2007...otor-list.html

....but it doesn't list RX-10. However, it does mention an "SCX Pro Turbo" that may or may not be the same. It's rated at 18,000 RPM @ 12v.

Dave

Comment

Looks like Sears had sold them at one time for something like $29 but there are some popping up now for possibly a bit cheaper than B's. If they are no better than a B then I'll pass and stick with the B motor.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Quicker than RX42B by about 6% for a good 42B and a bit more for a bad one. Size is exactly the same. $15.99 seems to be the going rate?

Comment

With that being said it might be worth trying to get my hands on one then just to try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by outlawslot View Post
                With that being said it might be worth trying to get my hands on one then just to try it out.
                Exactly the spirit that built the west

Comment

Originally posted by Abarth Mike View Post
                  Exactly the spirit that built the west
                  At least the spirit that built SCX
                  Last edited by outlawslot; 11-07-2012, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Slot Car News motor list shows the SCX Pro Turbo testing out at 20,100 RPM.

Comment

Now you are just teasing me, LoL J/K

That's good to know. I have one on the way so we'll know in a few days if I end up installing it right away.

I just cut the shaft off a rally pro 4x4 motor to install into my wife's car (you know she has to have the fastest car on the table or she's not happy) and I need to decide to install it or the RX-10 Pro Turbo.

Comment

Working...
                      X