Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade parts for scxd

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, I was using scxworldwide and to my surprise it is no more. I have been out of racing for about a year or so and still have everything we are trying to get started again. I was wondering if anyone out there may have a list of pro parts that can be used on scxd ? I seem to remember finding this information on the "old forum". I have missed placed the list I had printed and we stopped racing for summer before I could order anything. If anyone can help me with what works on which cars I would really appreciate it. I am not looking for the cars to fly off the table lol just looking to mess around with them and see what works best and to gain a little speed.

Thanks for the help
    Chris

Hi Chris,

You can pretty much use any pro part on a standard SCX-D car with the exception of the following:

• Any pro-motor since they will damage the SCX-D chip
    • Analog brake (ref 50540) since there is no place to mount it in a standard chassis
    • Pro guide since it only works on analog
    • Aluminum rims for "front wheels" since they won't fit on the stub axles

In addition, if you use the pro crown gears, be aware that they don't fit very well in a standard chassis unless you are willing to dremel the chassis a tad bit for clearance.

Dave
    Last edited by LDFan; 12-09-2012, 02:40 PM.

Comment

LDFan,

Are there any specific items that you are aware of that work well with scxd ? Maybe a crown gear that would work with a specific car the best , how about tires ? Is there a master list of the size tire I would need if I am upgrading from the stock tires. Thanks for your help.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedriver View Post

Are there any specific items that you are aware of that work well with scxd? Maybe a crown gear that would work with a specific car the best ,....
        I haven't experimented enough to provide a good opinion on that

.....how about tires ? Is there a master list of the size tire I would need if I am upgrading from the stock tires.
        Once again, not much of an expert on that either. Although I did have a brief conversation with some guys I race with and there is a general concensus that choosing a tire is based on what track surface you run (SCX-D is considered somewhat rough where Scalextric is smooth) and whether you race with or without magnets (definitely you'd want a stickier compound for no mag). In general, a lot of racers appear to find the stock SCX tires to be decent performers especially when running with magnets.

Comment

LDfan

Thanks for the imput, I will experiment.

Chris

Comment

Working...
          X