Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Differences

Hi,
    found this very useful for my research - not sure if it has been posted before, but might help someone :

SCX Motor Reference Guide.

This is a quick explanation of some of the names of SCX slot car motors.

Using the RX-41 and RX-42B as examples.

The first number 4 stands for the armature length and also refers to where the pinion gear is mounted. So a motor with a 4 is a 50mm shaft with a 9-tooth pinion gear mounted on the rear of the armature.

The next number refers to whether the motor is meant to be used with a motor pod or not. A 1 means the motor is made to be used with NO motor pod and a 2 means the motor is to be used with a motor pod. If there is no second number then the motor uses wires instead of the standard metal legs to make contact with the guide.

The letter or lack of a letter after the numbers refers to the motors rpm.

Motors with a A or no letter at the end are rated at 16400 rpm.(RX-41,RX-42) Motors with a B are rated at 18000 rpm. (RX-41B,RX-42B) Motors with a C are rated at 19000 rpm. Motors with a D are rated at 19000 rpm.(including Pro motors) Motors with a E are rated at 22000 rpm. Motors with a F are rated at 25000 rpm. Motors with a G are rated at 21000 rpm. Motors with a H are rated at 25000rpm.

So a RX-41 is a 50mm shaft with a rear 9 tooth pinion gear made for a non motor pod chassis rated at 16400rpm and a RX-42B is a 50mm shaft with a rear 9 tooth pinion gear made for a motor pod chassis rated at 18000rpm.

Originally posted by hepkat63 View Post
    Hi,
    found this very useful for my research - not sure if it has been posted before, but might help someone :

SCX Motor Reference Guide.

This is a quick explanation of some of the names of SCX slot car motors.

Using the RX-41 and RX-42B as examples.

The first number 4 stands for the armature length and also refers to where the pinion gear is mounted. So a motor with a 4 is a 50mm shaft with a 9-tooth pinion gear mounted on the rear of the armature.

The next number refers to whether the motor is meant to be used with a motor pod or not. A 1 means the motor is made to be used with NO motor pod and a 2 means the motor is to be used with a motor pod. If there is no second number then the motor uses wires instead of the standard metal legs to make contact with the guide.

The letter or lack of a letter after the numbers refers to the motors rpm.

Motors with a A or no letter at the end are rated at 16400 rpm.(RX-41,RX-42) Motors with a B are rated at 18000 rpm. (RX-41B,RX-42B) Motors with a C are rated at 19000 rpm. Motors with a D are rated at 19000 rpm.(including Pro motors) Motors with a E are rated at 22000 rpm. Motors with a F are rated at 25000 rpm. Motors with a G are rated at 21000 rpm. Motors with a H are rated at 25000rpm.

So a RX-41 is a 50mm shaft with a rear 9 tooth pinion gear made for a non motor pod chassis rated at 16400rpm and a RX-42B is a 50mm shaft with a rear 9 tooth pinion gear made for a motor pod chassis rated at 18000rpm.
    I have an RK-42 in my Mercedes SLS. What does RK stand for? The motor runs good and seems to have better fuel efficiency over the RX motors. Does anyone have any information for me? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X