SEAT Cupra GT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEAT Cupra GT

I think this car doesn't get the recognition it's due probably because of its rather anemic powerplant compared to other RTR's...

...however, that is easily cured and in this case with a nice Fox II motor. Have also replaced the adequate wheels/tires/gears with Slot.It's.

It is nicely proportioned with a wheelbase the same as a Slot.It, but a wider track and a built-in floating motor pod/rear assembly (which needs a little dampening since it's a bit loose stock) which makes for very nice and predictable handling.

Having Fun - Da Vols

Nice work, Bruce, except the rear wheels look funny and the colors of the gears clash!? I really like your combination front ballast/front axle travel limiters! These new SCX chassis' handle very well!

Comment

Thanks Pete - the fronts are from an HRS and the rears are the F1's...yeah, the weight ended up having a dual function as that Fox motor was lifting the front on hard acceleration...and yes, that pinion/crown is best left unseen

You need to try that dampening of the floating pod if you haven't already...really makes a big difference...came about it accidentally when some of the hot glue got on the sides when I was securing the motor. I didn't notice it until I wondered why the handling had improved...the poster putty squished in does even better.

Having Fun - Da Vols

Comment

Working...
      X