Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link to Aston Martin cars, including the first fish mouths with lipstick:
    http://www.astonmartins.com
    Last edited by Robert Livingston; 06-14-2006, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou E
      I thought this was the best looking car ever...

When did they start racing the Oscar Mayer Weiner Mobile???

Comment

I received the Aston Martin DBR9, stay tooned for a review . . .

Comment

Don't forget the magnificent tampo printing, eh?

I'm tooned, I'm tooned ...

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer
            I'm tooned, I'm tooned ...
            Here it is, the review of the SCX Aston Martin DBR9, tooned by RL at:
            http://slotcarnews.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ferrari 360

Guys, As it happens I have a review of the 360 on my own blog Slot Car News . In short, I wasn't a huge fan of SCX cars until now. I can't get over how much of an improvement the new cars seem to be. As Rob and I both mentioned, the motor that comes in the car isn't a world beater, but on my track (average lap length 21') a slower motor is better than a really hot one. The Slot It black can (23K) is about the fastest motor you can handle on the track. And that power range of the SCX motors seems just about perfect as well....or is it that I just don't know how to drive

DK

Comment

Originally posted by DaveKennedy
                I can't get over how much of an improvement the new cars seem to be.
                It's funny how the companies improve. Carrera is slow, steady, relentless improvement. SCX is just the opposite....sucks, sucks, sucks,*WHAM*,oh look, a hot car.

I don't know if we've seen such an improvement within one company in such a short time. Has there been a personnel change at or near the top?

Comment

I was thinking the same thing myself, like maybe a fugitive product design manager from Fly landed at SCX. The fantasy is that he couldn't get Fly to attend to the mechanical engineering end of things, all they would do is design new paint jobs. So he left the sinking ship. The Modena and DBR9 are the result.

Comment

Dave - You're right about the SCX's being good for a small track or one with short straights - they have good acceleration and excellent brakes which is just perfect for those type layouts. (By the way, been meaning to say that I really like your blog...very nicely designed and informative )

As to SCX's improvement...perhaps they want a bigger piece of the slot car pie and the only way is with better detail AND a better chassis to lure the likes of us'n's to them besides just having the best lights. Coming out with the trio of NASCAR's later this year is a much better idea then those odd drag cars they've made in the past.

Having Fun - Da Vols

Comment

SCX motors love bigger pinion gears! Gives them more top end and they still have great brakes.

Comment

This pic shows that the Aston Martin sometimes races without the rear diffuser. The SCX diffuser has a distinctly smaller look, compared to the (probably) more accurate Scalextric one. So, one cure it to cut the thing off entirely, should you be racing in the rain at Silverstone, in the European GT RAC Tourist Trophy. This is an FIA GT3 event, by the way, which may account for the missing diffuser.

Photo credit: David Hetherington
                        www.racingsportscars.com
                        Last edited by Robert Livingston; 06-20-2006, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X