Nurnberg Toy Fair 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nurnberg Toy Fair 2013

Since 2013 has been touted as a "big" year for SCX, has anyone heard if SCX's new owners have a presence at the fair this year? I've been hoping that this may be the time where they will announce their new offerings. Got to keep hoping....

Bilby

G'day from Maui; stand-by.. photos & reports are on the way already.. internet service in Europe is 'touch'n'go' for efficiency.. by Sunday, SCI & dealers will have new updates!

Comment

Hi, I would suggest keeping an eye on this Thread, as Alan will be reporting (visually or verbally) on everything he sees and hears there over the next few days.

Comment

Spoke with SCX in Germany.

They will continue on with the same Distributors as before. Also using Bryan for tech support.

More news and images once I can get on the Stand hopefully today. Check out the link to the News section and Gallery where images will be posted.
        Alan Smith
        SCI Owner.
        www.scaleracing.com
        www.slotcarillustrated.com
        www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

in germany?

Originally posted by NamVet View Post
          G'day from Maui; stand-by.. photos & reports are on the way already.. internet service in Europe is 'touch'n'go' for efficiency.. by Sunday, SCI & dealers will have new updates!
          666 posts tom not good! did you go to germany? Mahalo!

Comment

SCX iS AT THE TOY FAIR!!

Here is a link to Alan's pics from the toy fair, for SCX.... Looks like they made it!! looking good

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/v-...berg+2013/SCX/

Ran

Comment

Thanks for the pictures Alan. Thanks for providing the link Ran.

Like the looks of the Cuda...

Comment

Thanks for posting all the pictures Alan, good to see SCX making a show. I'd have to agree with Waldeck, that new Cuda looks brilliant. Also interesting was the new X piece of track, probably designed for use for analogue, but would still be an added challenge for our digital circuits. Hope that it has the power line, but not likely.

Comment

Refreshing

For me I am just glad to see they made it to the fair this year. SCX did not attend last year, this shows improvement just in their presence.

Add to it that they at least have pics of some of the cars that are in planning, looks like things are looking up.

Seeing the compact stuff coming back is nice, and it makes sense why the older stuff was not easy to find. Had to run the older stock out first, looks like they re-boxed and updated the packaging.

Ran

Comment

Like several....... very happy to see this ! Thanks for post !

Rookie, Ron

Comment

Doesn't look like anything new for digital again this year. Did I miss some photos?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowshock View Post
                        Doesn't look like anything new for digital again this year. Did I miss some photos?
                        Nope, mainly looks like more new cars under analog and digital, but also some new 'universal' track pieces. At least they are at the fair this year, better than last year....

Ran

Comment

I like the red bull Porsche, but I was hoping for some new digital stuff......wireless controllers, new mcu, SOMETHING to make it look seem like this isn't a dying brand.....sigh......

Comment

Originally posted by Bowshock View Post
                            I like the red bull Porsche, but I was hoping for some new digital stuff......wireless controllers, new mcu, SOMETHING to make it look seem like this isn't a dying brand.....sigh......
                            Yes, that Porsche is nice, also like the A5 DTM...

Being that this supposed to be a "big year" for SCX, what we see here at Nurnberg isn't all that's coming out in 2013, is it??

Regards,
                            Steve

Comment

I was waiting to see if anyone else picked up on lack of inovation on the digital platform. The cuda looks cool, I will believe the new car molds when I see them since we never saw the jaguar GT and the audi R15. Pics of real cars dont really show progress on a new mold like a production model. I was hoping for more, even if it was some new style universal track pieces to expand track styles and some borders like inner borders and the new r4 oute outer curve borders and maybe a banked track support for that large curve.

Maybe more will come but I would have thought they would have atleast shown some new molds or pics of planned track additions.

Comment

Working...
                              X