• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeamPeter
    started a topic SCX WOS app for iOS is now available for download

SCX WOS app for iOS is now available for download

iOS app store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scx-...ign-mpt=uo%3D4

I can't find it in the Google Play store yet. Somebody please post when it shows up. Thanks!

• Draconious
    replied
    An update to the iOS app was uploaded (I think).

Leave a comment:

• TeamPeter
    replied
    Still can't find the android app in the play store. I hope that means they're fixing a few more bugs. The iOS app works, but with bugs. Not all the functions are enabled yet either.

I agree about the promo videos. They've always been pretty sweet. If only they developed software as good as they make promo videos....

I also agree that they made a lot of progress on the old SCXD system in just a few years. "Two steps forward, one step back" does seem to be pretty typical for these companies. This hobby requires patience....

Leave a comment:

• Draconious
    replied
    If I could find the Green Aston body I had laying around, I would have all 6 of those cars on my track.

Leave a comment:

• csprute
    replied
    word up homie

and does said company have a better promo video??!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=P...&v=EBei44tlg3w

b/c when i go around my r1 corner it looks just like that in my head.
    Last edited by csprute; 12-11-2016, 09:07 PM. Reason: edited for correct grammatial use of american urban slang

Leave a comment:

• krischan
    replied
    Originally posted by mault14 View Post
    Anyone been able to find the android version of the WOS app yet? Or at least heard anything about when that might come out? Once again questioning my investment into WOS as opposed to completely dumping all of my SCX stuff for Carrera or something else. How long can it possibly take to design an app and have it work? Then again I ma talking about a company that didn't even beta test WOS on an existing SCX Digital track. Still can't believe the capacitor fiasco with the switch tracks.
    Ok, this is off topic here but....

Why do you think it might be better getting into the carrera system?

It took Carrera years to have all ist components as far as they are now. And a lot of features have grown in the market with the customer as beta tester.
    Just remember when the carrera app came out. It was buggy. So buggy that a lot of guys began developing their own apps or software solutions for race management.

When I got into SCX Digital in early 2005 there was no PitBox feature on the market, carrera digital was called Pro-X and this and Ninco and Scalextric digital systems were only able to handle 4 cars at the same time. SCX developed their digital system from 2004 up to 2009 with a lot of features and all the competitors ran after them. It took scx nearly two years from the start of the system in december 2003 to late 2005 to get the PitBox feature work well.

So this is absolutely normal for toys companies. And you will not getting better with carrera. The problems will be different but will stay....

Regards from germany
    krischan

Leave a comment:

• Draconious
    replied
    Has not been uploaded to google play yet...

Aiming for Tuesday.

Leave a comment:

• mault14
    replied
    Anyone been able to find the android version of the WOS app yet? Or at least heard anything about when that might come out? Once again questioning my investment into WOS as opposed to completely dumping all of my SCX stuff for Carrera or something else. How long can it possibly take to design an app and have it work? Then again I ma talking about a company that didn't even beta test WOS on an existing SCX Digital track. Still can't believe the capacitor fiasco with the switch tracks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X