Stock Magnets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Magnets

I got around to pulling the magnets from my Goodwood Big Mac, 312PB and my Alfa 33/3. Unfortunately all three cracked at the thin section. What would be the correct part numer to replace them SCIN 02 or SCIN03? I have been to the Slot.It web site and none of the spare parts sections on any of these cars has magnet part numbers

Thanks in advance!

Dean

The numbers

Note that Slot.it have dropped the SI at the front of their parts numbers, but it is still printed on a lot of stock and websites out there.

(SI) CN03 is the standard magnet in most cars. Flat on one side, and with the "knobs" or "lugs" on the other to sit down into the chassis.

(SI) CN04 is the "race magnet" which is shaped like a dog bone and more powerful, and can be inserted either way up. One side has bigger lugs than the other, and with those mounted downwards will provide highest downforce. Either way up/down it will have more downforce than an SICN03, but if used in some cars -may actually short out on the track as the lugs can protrude below the chassis line.

SICN02 by the way is a scalextric size bar magnet not one for Slot.it cars.

Comment

Slot.it cars either come with:
      http://www.132slotcar.us/store/produ...roducts_id=500

Race magnet.

Or:
      http://www.132slotcar.us/store/produ...roducts_id=499

Standard manget.

The SICN01 and SICNo2 were designed to fit in the window of Scalextric cars to help sales once Fly appeared with strong magnets.

Those magnet instantly created Fly like performance from older ( 1990's ) Scalextric cars.

Still using the SI at our Store which probably stands for Slot.it . All Slot.it magnets in stock right now.
      Alan Smith
      SCI Owner.
      www.scaleracing.com
      www.slotcarillustrated.com
      www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
      www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Originally posted by DrDiff View Post
        I got around to pulling the magnets from my Goodwood Big Mac, 312PB and my Alfa 33/3. Unfortunately all three cracked at the thin section. What would be the correct part numer to replace them SCIN 02 or SCIN03? I have been to the Slot.It web site and none of the spare parts sections on any of these cars has magnet part numbers

Thanks in advance!

Dean
        The magnet that comes with most of the Slot.It cars is this one:

SICN03 Magnet for HRS motor mount - $3.99

Some Slot.It cars come with the race magnet:

SICN04 Race magnet for HRS motor mount - $4.99

The reason it probably is not listed on the parts picture, is that it comes with the motor pod - but you have a good point - it should be also listed separately. I will add the magnets to our car replacement parts lists on our web site.

Paul Kassens
        [email protected]
        www.132slotcar.us
        1-888-774-3227
        Last edited by 132slotcar.us; 11-10-2008, 12:49 PM.

Comment

With that much magnet, which is aheckuvalottamagnut, you'll probably have to use vinyl tape on the bottom to keep the car from shorting out the track. May your overtaxed motor last forever while you're blowing doors.

Comment

slot-it magnets

nothing like blowing doors off with slot-it cars and race mags. all motors alive and doing just fine , thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X