Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swap Shop 956 opinions?

Hi,
    Wondering if anybody has tried out the new Swap Shop 956c. From the pic I've seen, the rear wheels look wider than the 15x8s that are on my 956K--are they the 17x10s?

Thanks,
    Joel

The inserts would indicate 15x8s, like the other 956s and 962s... 17s are very difficult to fit under the 956/962, especially when the pod is loosened... much rubbing occurs.

Comment

From our experience....

17s are very difficult to fit under the 956/962, especially when the pod is loosened... much rubbing occur
      ....If you run the S2's there is less chance of rubbing. We have raced the 962/956 in various liveries in the Scaleracing endurance series with the 17s and sometimes with magnetic suspension and sometimes without and we have not had any issues with rubbing??

Comment

Originally posted by slotbutton View Post
        ....If you run the S2's there is less chance of rubbing. We have raced the 962/956 in various liveries in the Scaleracing endurance series with the 17s and sometimes with magnetic suspension and sometimes without and we have not had any issues with rubbing??
        An advantage of silicone over rub-ber?

Comment

Were they 17x8s or short hub 17x10 magnesiums? I'm guessing you're using stock pods, too? I could see that working...

Originally posted by slotbutton View Post

Comment

Mine is a BEAST!!!!! File off the chassis edges and the edges where the motorpod touches, leave mag in or take it out, add 3grams lead where the light kit would go, and finally, put Yellow Dog 1003 Fly 0.792x0.410 tires on it. Profile the tires and let 'er rip!!!

Mine is my second fastest Slot.It behind my venerable Rothman's #1 956 from the now ancient 3 car set.

KIITS and ROLL TIDE,
            Lawrence

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate the info!

Comment

Joebor,

I tested my car extensively yesterday to know the appropriate gearing for my track and BamaRambler's track. My track demands speed whereas the Jolly Roger Speedway demands good accelaration (sp.) and high grip. Best gearing for Matador International Raceway ( 97 ft. Scaley sport with 2 straights over 16 feet) is a 25:9 ration. Previous experience tells me I need a 27:9 or 28:9 for the Jolly Roger Speedway (60 ft. Carrera course which is extremely technical.)

Hope this helps some with gear choices. If you can, I would suggest that all racers who run Slot.It cars (who doesn't?) kep an entire set of spare crown gears if possible. This will allow you to make changes to the final gear ration at different tracks. As a general rule, the 26:9 and 27:9 ratios are decent for nearly any application.

KIITS and ROLL TIDE,
                Lawrence

Comment

Got one. Super fast and really smooth. Added Slot.it copper racing braid first though. Best Porshe out of box...compared to my Warsteiner and Scheisser.

Comment

This one does seem a bit quicker than the many other 956/962s I have, but not by much. I have only removed the magnet and installed the silicones. No weight anywhere though I sometimes add a touch behind the pickup if it seems to deslot more than usual.

Scott

Comment

Working...
                    X