Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SlotIt Porsches

Just a query, are the 956 and 962 different chassis and what
    are the differences? SlotIt are unavailable here in NZ .

SlotIt are unavailable here in NZ .
    Have you tried over on that big continent nearby...one shop has them on sale - even the new ones.

As to differences between them, they are slight - even between Slot.It's whole range of different models.

One note, the earlier Audi's and Porsche 956's (Canon & Kenwood) have the single magnet location chassis (in front of the motor) where as all later models have two magnet locations with a second one behind the motor. Knowing how Peter likes his cars stuck down, the earlier models aren't a problem as that forward location provides the most downforce.

(PS: Noticed there are 2 new SuperCars out...don't count that Pirtek as it looks the same as the other one...very nice lookers & runners).

Comment

The chassis are the same, it's the motor pods that are different.

Comment

Have got one of the new ones coming from that Island offshore, I already have the Audi, hope the Porsche is quicker.

Comment

In our experience at Archer Raceway, the Porsches are quicker.

Comment

the two chassis' are not the same.
            962 is approx 3mm longer for the wheelbase. and about the same bit shorter ahead of the front wheels.

Comment

I agree with monquispot.

The 956 and 962 chassis's are not the same. Close, but not the same.

Comment

As well you should Dickie. He's absolutely right!!! My only explaination is that......alright I don't have an explaination. :o

Comment

No explanation needed Mike. You just proved to the world that you are indeed human...

Comment

But, I'm really a Cyborg. Whaaaaaa

Comment

OK the Shell 962 arrived today and its a beaut, definately faster than my Audi, a 956 will be next or mayby the Sauber.

Comment

Jag u are

There is an unconfirmed rumour that the first Jag from Slot.It will be:

It confuses me why they chose to replicate the Daytona 1988 3rd place car instead of the winning car which was virtually identical?

In case anyone cares #66 was driven in this event by E. Cheever / J. Dumfries / J. Watson.

Comment

Re: Jag u are

was never a fan of TWR in IMSA. might get one anyway. hope proto slot has the XJR 5 on the express route.

Comment

Gotta get the Jag. TWR was about 3 miles from my house. It may end up a shelf queen for sentimental value.

Comment

I love the Jag and the Merc. I just cant get enough of the great cars Slotit does. Maurizo you are the new slot king!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X