SlotIt Porsches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jag u are

One of the guys who makes an occasional club appearance here used to drive for TWR. Err, he drove the truck for the team, that is...

Comment

LSIntegra wrote:
      The chassis are the same, it's the motor pods that are different.
      What does this mean? I know there are aftermarket motor pods, but do any come stock with a sidewinder?

So I hear the new Porsche are faster than the old ones, what is the fastest / best handling, non-magnet Slot-It? (on routed tracks)

Comment

get them in Australia for $59 Aussie Dollars....WooooHoooo

cheers

Comment

All of the Slot.it Porsches are inlines. If you want a sidewinder you have to buy a motor pod plus a pinion and spur gear. Note that the inline pinion will not mesh properly with a spur gear. With the original 956s it helped the handling to shave down the two posts that support the front axle, the later 956s and the 962s already have this modification. When running on wood I favor the sidewinder setup, but actually it is all in the tuning. My cars have a small weight just behind the front axle and another on the underside of the roof just behind the driver. A little more weight on the bottom of the car might be a good thing. I leave both the body and motor pod screws a little loose and usually run on S1 tires.

Comment

inline w/24k boxer motor. needs very little weight just behind the front wheels. S1 tires though this will change depending on track surface.

Comment

Working...
            X