This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 132slotcar.us View Post
    The Audi above with the orange endbell motor is the 'Reloaded' model?
    The bottom one of the three looks the best. Love the all clear effect with no black outline on the windscreen & light covers.

132slotcar, that orange can version is the one in my collection. I could post a few close up photo's of it, if that helps

Clevo

Comment

WetCoast, Cleveland, and 132slotcar.us,

I have a 4th variation of the SICA01 transparent Audi R8C (differentiated by transparent long mirror stalks).

It is my understanding (from Maurizio) that all of the transparent Audi R8C's have been assembled from a finite supply of transparent bodies made during the initial SICA01 R8C tooling test shots (circa year 2000). All of the transparent cars were assembled and presented as "gifts" from Maurizio (this is how I obtained mine) over the years.

Based on this, I believe that the mechanical variations we see in these 4 examples (black-white-orange end bell motors, outlined headlight lens, blacked out windscreen visor, short mirror stalks, long mirror stalks, michelin logo on tires, black wing, black mirror stalks, etc.) is the result of the current state of development of the standard release cars, along with the limited supply of transparent parts, available when each individual SICA01 transparent Audi R8C was assembled.

I have no seen a SICA12 (aka Reloaded) transparent Audi R8C, nor do i believe one to be extant.

I am sure that Maurizio could enlighten us further.....

Cheers,
      250GTLusso

Comment

Now that's RAW.

Comment

redlynr,

I'm sorry, did I say something wrong?

250GTLusso

Comment

I doubt it; probably just Redlynr being succinct, as usual.

Eh, Steve?

(his name is Steve, too, also ... )

Comment

hi

there is an other variation of the transparent audi r8c on ebay germany for sale

is has the same outer appearance of motor and wheel configuration as the one of 250GTlusso,but it does not have long mirror stalks...

is it a fifth variation?

kind regards

Comment

m1nz5,
                No, i think it is one of the 3 previous variations posted by WetCoast (second transparent car in his posting).
                Kind regards,
                250GTLusso

Comment

hi

ok
                  good
                  i think slot.it or maurizio always makes something little different at the transparent cars,so that they can track the cars a little bit

kind regards

Comment

hi

here are some pictures of the transparent cars and the orange cars
                    if you want to i can take more pictures
                    but i will not unseal the orange cars
                    my camera does not take better pictures,but i think they are good/ok

kind regards

Comment

Working...
                    X