• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m1nz5
    started a topic Slot.it Collectors List

Slot.it Collectors List

hi

i created a slot.it collectors list with all cars and many details and differences for the german slotcarforum

now,i translated it into english

hope you like it

king regards

• m1nz5
    replied
    hi

here are some pictures of the transparent cars and the orange cars
    if you want to i can take more pictures
    but i will not unseal the orange cars
    my camera does not take better pictures,but i think they are good/ok

kind regards

Leave a comment:

• m1nz5
    replied
    hi

ok
    good
    i think slot.it or maurizio always makes something little different at the transparent cars,so that they can track the cars a little bit

kind regards

Leave a comment:

• 250GTLusso
    replied
    m1nz5,
    No, i think it is one of the 3 previous variations posted by WetCoast (second transparent car in his posting).
    Kind regards,
    250GTLusso

Leave a comment:

• m1nz5
    replied
    hi

there is an other variation of the transparent audi r8c on ebay germany for sale

is has the same outer appearance of motor and wheel configuration as the one of 250GTlusso,but it does not have long mirror stalks...

is it a fifth variation?

kind regards

Leave a comment:

• Wet Coast Racer
    replied
    I doubt it; probably just Redlynr being succinct, as usual.

Eh, Steve?

(his name is Steve, too, also ... )

Leave a comment:

• 250GTLusso
    replied
    redlynr,

I'm sorry, did I say something wrong?

250GTLusso

Leave a comment:

• redlynr
    replied
    Now that's RAW.

Leave a comment:

• 250GTLusso
    replied
    WetCoast, Cleveland, and 132slotcar.us,

I have a 4th variation of the SICA01 transparent Audi R8C (differentiated by transparent long mirror stalks).

It is my understanding (from Maurizio) that all of the transparent Audi R8C's have been assembled from a finite supply of transparent bodies made during the initial SICA01 R8C tooling test shots (circa year 2000). All of the transparent cars were assembled and presented as "gifts" from Maurizio (this is how I obtained mine) over the years.

Based on this, I believe that the mechanical variations we see in these 4 examples (black-white-orange end bell motors, outlined headlight lens, blacked out windscreen visor, short mirror stalks, long mirror stalks, michelin logo on tires, black wing, black mirror stalks, etc.) is the result of the current state of development of the standard release cars, along with the limited supply of transparent parts, available when each individual SICA01 transparent Audi R8C was assembled.

I have no seen a SICA12 (aka Reloaded) transparent Audi R8C, nor do i believe one to be extant.

I am sure that Maurizio could enlighten us further.....

Cheers,
    250GTLusso

Leave a comment:

• Cleveland
    replied
    Originally posted by 132slotcar.us View Post
    The Audi above with the orange endbell motor is the 'Reloaded' model?
    The bottom one of the three looks the best. Love the all clear effect with no black outline on the windscreen & light covers.

132slotcar, that orange can version is the one in my collection. I could post a few close up photo's of it, if that helps

Clevo

Leave a comment:

• 132slotcar.us
    replied
    The Audi above with the orange endbell motor is the 'Reloaded' model?

Leave a comment:

• Wet Coast Racer
    replied
    It seems that m1nz5, our member who initiated this fine Thread, has been collecting images of the recherché transparent Audi, and he emailed these photos to me recently to be posted here.

I must admit, I'm intrigued by the different motors we see in these cars. The white endbell 25k was anticipated, and the black endbell 26k (I believe I have that right) was, I believe, considered and even marketed in early versions of Slot.it's first release. But one of these cars appears to have an orange endbell 21.5k, years before it ever showed up in general use as the replacement for the 25k in stock Slot.it cars.

I also find myself wondering whether Slot.it habitually make clear body moulds of new cars, as a way of visually checking visual fit of the components beneath? If that were the case, could there be other transparent Slot.it cars lurking out there (undoubtedly gaining in value like gold ingots, or precious metals ... )

Leave a comment:

• diablus
    replied
    Yeah, sorry about that, didnt really see that forum since i'm new.

Thx for the info!

Leave a comment:

• Wet Coast Racer
    replied
    Hi, to SCI! Would like to remind folks that Buy/Sell/Trade posts actually belong in the Buy/Sell/Trade Forum of course, though I can see where this transaction talk is coming from.

Diablus, you might be wise to send Ads1969 a Private Message, as he hasn't been online here since early May.

Leave a comment:

• diablus
    replied
    Hi there,
    I Have a clear Audi R8c I can sell.
    You can contact me if you are really interested;
    [email protected]

Anyway Cleva has an imbah collection!!! Gratz

Leave a comment:

Working...
X