Next McLaren

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next McLaren

With the latest McLaren release from slot.it, I thought I'd put another McLaren on the wish list. Although it would mean a new mold, and a chopped chassis, I bet this short tail version would be quite quick!

I am surprised that they haven't made the original F1 GTR already for the 1995 Le Mans winner. There are plenty of opportunities for the 1995/1996 short tails. 8 1995s and 9 1996s with the only major visible difference being the front splitter on the 1996s.

Also if they really wanted to they could do LM street versions of the 1995 cars.

I would love to see these cars, I'm a massive McLaren fan

Comment

ONE race cars !

i posted a reply some time ago (another thread , long gone). why , WHY , do we get inundated with cars that run one race . STOP the constant "lemans" cars . the cars race on a miriad of tracks . most of which do not have a mulsanne straight . PLEASE re-produce the miriad of cars that compete at ALL the other tracks . short tail 962`s come to mind . many others are there to re-produce !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jer . thanks for listenin` !

Comment

I, for one, would like to see a short tailed F1GTR from Slot.It. So far I have resisted getting the one from Ninco in the hope that slot.It would do this car.

Comment

Yeah I would have to say (sorry, Jerry) that a short tail McLaren would appeal to me; and if you look at the success that NINCO had with theirs - thanks to the selection of super liveries, as much as the quality of the car - then a modern Slot.it version could be a real treat; or maybe several ...

Maurizio, what do you reckon?

Comment

Originally posted by JECorley View Post
            I am surprised that they haven't made the original F1 GTR already for the 1995 Le Mans winner. There are plenty of opportunities for the 1995/1996 short tails. 8 1995s and 9 1996s with the only major visible difference being the front splitter on the 1996s.

Also if they really wanted to they could do LM street versions of the 1995 cars.

I would love to see these cars, I'm a massive McLaren fan
            Hear hear! sir

Comment

it would actually be the perfect running mate for the f40 lms

Comment

I don't think Slot.It's long-tailed McLaren has a mold that's modular the way more recent molds have been, so it might mean a whole new mold. Still, when you look at prices for Ninco's F1 GTR's, you've gotta figure there's demand for it. Ninco did many different liveries, and it's a wonderful car, but the mold has been around a long time. When you compare the modeling to Slot.It's more modern F1 GTR, there's really no comparison. A Slot.It version would be very popular, for sure, and Slot.It has shown that it does short-tailed cars every bit as well as its long-tailed cars. Even if they had to do a whole new mold, it would pay off (IMO).

Comment

You can put me down for some short tailed McLarens.

Comment

I think maybe in a round-a-bout way Jerry was agreeing that Slot.It should make the more common short tailed version of, in this case the McLaren F1GTR, race cars instead of concentrating on long tailed cars that usually only raced at LeMans.

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
                      short tail
                      Maurizio, what do you reckon?
                      Look at all the possibilities! It's a must do I would think Maurizio!

Comment

Right now my long tail Slot.It F1GTR is my third quickest 1/32 scale slot car with the Ford GT40 being first and my Ferrari F40 second. What makes them faster, IMHO, is having significantly less mass aft of the rear axle as all three are very similar otherwise. OK the Ford is a sidewinder but my F40 is in it's stock inline setup. The overall difference between the three is less than a tenth of a second per lap.

Oh yes, one of my only NSR's, the Porsche 917 falls in there too.

I think a short tailed F1GTR from Slot.It would give the NSR Mosler a run for it's money.

Comment

I just acquired a Ninco short tailed F1GTR and it reinforces my desire to see one from Slot.It.

Comment

LARK McLaren GTR

Hello Everyone

I know Maurizio checks in on the board regularly... I wondered if they have considered making the LARK sponsored McLaren? This photo looks more red, but the actual color is more of a hot florescent pink.

Regards!

Mike

Comment

This one will have to do for me until Slot.it releases an official version.
                              Last edited by Porsche Racer; 11-03-2011, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X