Next McLaren

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MG Brown View Post
    It would be off the hook to have Slot.it bring to market a McLaren F1-GTR properly detailed and decorated as the 1995 LeMans winner:

Many other decorations are possible from LeMans 1995 once the body has been made:

Harrods/Mach One #51
    GTC Gulf Racing #24 & 25
    Grioix Racing Team #50
    BBA Competition #42 & 43
    West Competition #49

Including the JGTC and FIA-GT versions there is a large number possible to produce indeed.
    Oh, yes. The Slot.It Limited Edition Le Mans Winners collection wouldn't be complete without this car!
    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnySlots View Post
      Hmmm ... sounds like the slot.it skunkwurks is busy toiling on a new McLaren ... perhaps a short tailed version!??

Since I started this thread with this car, I again am putting my request in for the Gulf car!
      I would 100% for sure get that dark blue and orange Gulf F1GTR short tailed if Slot.It makes it.

Comment

No doubt there are more than a few issues to be gone through, in terms of creating a new slot car - in any livery - and bringing it to market.

But it's actually quite intriguing to consider the most recent Slot.it McLaren chassis, and whether it might just fit under a 'short tail' body, given the differences; you'll see what I mean if you look at the links Kerry provided - the width, height, and length of the two are surprisingly similar. And for sure, the body posts could be placed identically.

Comment

Originally posted by roveros View Post
          There is still the fabulous looking yellow corn livery to be done in the longtail but it would require a remolded rear wing.

A short tailed Mac could be awesome no overhang coupled with Maurizios new lighter weight plastic would spell a seriously quick car. Does anyone know if the wheelbase on the short and longtails are the same?
          Originally posted by slot.it View Post
          a - yes we need a new rear wing and two on parts for the front (air extractors from the front fender). Guess why I know this ?
          b - regarding the short tail - yes this is a very interesting question , any answers?
          Hmmmmmm, maybe this car isn't so far away

Comment

It was suggested that a way to have a Slot.It short tailed F1GTR would be to mount the Ninco body on a modified Slot.It chassis or a HRS chassis. I did some checking today and it does seem likely that the Slot.It chassis would work but the Ninco body with the interior tray weighs 29gm while the Slot.It body with full interior weighs 24gm. So there is a weight penalty.

Comment

McLaren type posts

Originally posted by slot.it View Post

You'll have to wait until we release info for the next cars. I can say that next McLaren will need a new rear wing, some front add-on part, and will have a completely redesigned, much lighter, and O2/SSD chip compatible, cockpit.

regards
              Maurizio
              My guess is a Mclaren F1 that ran in the JGTC.

C Mc

Comment

Oh yeah, show us your Lark!

Comment

or maybe a yellow corn

Comment

Another vote for Yellow Corn.

Comment

Make mine Lark please!

Comment

Yellow Corn would be fine with me as well.

Comment

I hope this works, I've merged this discussion into this Thread.

Comment

Fans of the McLaren may enjoy a look at this item, from the Goodwood Festival of Speed being held this weekend (probably Maurizio is there in person checking things out ... ).

Comment

Originally posted by Modlerbob View Post
                              I just acquired a Ninco short tailed F1GTR and it reinforces my desire to see one from Slot.It.
                              Yeah, The Ninco is a kinda klutzy model...Can't remember its running characteristics, but if I recall correctly, it had a button magnet mounted mid-chassis... Which you mean low downforce stiction.

Slot.it could do it justice.

But more so than a F1 GTR ... I'd rather see an MP4-12c GT3 ! (and it don't believe it has even seen Le Mans ...)
                              Last edited by ModelTrainGuy; 07-13-2013, 11:55 PM.

Comment

I'd rather see an MP4-12c GT3 !
                                Me too!

Comment

Working...
                                X