Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gulf GT40: What number did you get?

I just got mine today. Beautiful car.

I was curious to see what edition number everyone got.

Mine is #0703/7000

i got #1560/7000 and #0111, with two more on the way from U.K.! i think it's about time, we start 'Registering' the Ltd.Ed. numbers on a seperate webpage/sub-forum, (or whatever) to keep track of sequenced numbers and who wants to trade for a 'series' of #'s ?? What do you Think? i did this with the Special Edition of Ninco Porsche 356A yellow/black cars! and, they look absolutely fantastic, displayed together!

Comment

With an Edition number of 7000, they are not actually Limited (?) which i would concider 1500 or less..~~ but, the GT40 is a unique car in history! and worthy of having one to save, and one to 'RACE'.. and, compare it to the Fly or Scalextric version.. Personally, at original pre-order time, the total edition was not mentioned, so, i pre-ordered 2, just to make sure i got one.~ (sometimes dealers sell-out on the pre-order w/ no backorder!.. Years ago, how many guys, upgraded with Slot.it parts, the Scalextric or Fly GT40s?? with no idea that Slot.it would release this GT40??? and, it has the Hole for the SISP12 digital-chip.!!! (of course, one of mine will be converted & hopefully, with Lights for Endurance races in the future!

Comment

#042/7000 is what mine is. Beautiful car. All that is marked is the card so really no big deal. Now if they hot melted the # in the chassis...

Comment

I got 181, 187 and 191 I believe??? I do not have them with me right now...all at work...

Comment

I'd say the ones sent Downunder were possibly made later - mine are #2024 & #2028...

It is an interesting exercise to how the production numbers have been distributed...

Cheers, Tony

Comment

The fact that the card is numbered and not the car itself makes it easy to trade cards if as NamVet suggests you are interested in collecting cars with sequential numbers.

Mine are 715, 719, 1027 and 1031. Ordered 2 cars each from two different US dealers. One sent me the two cars in the 700's and the other sent the two in the 1000's.

My name is Steve and I am a slot car addict.

Comment

Mine is 0374

Fred

Comment

Mine's 0377

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Mine is 1504

Comment

Trade plus? for my #042