Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm kind of with Kerry on this topic. I think the outer diameter, tire width and compound are useful data to have on the sidewall of the tire. I'd add to that the inner diameter of the tire (measured at the bead). This is something I don't believe I've ever seen any manufacturer refer to before.

I understand that different compounds can be stretched, more or less, to fit different sized wheels and that their outer dimensions will measure differently as a result, but I think inner diameter is good base information - ie. a tire with a 17" inner diameter will fit a 17" wheel but depending on the compound may also fit a wheel of larger diameter.

Comment

Cross-reference

There is this one: http://http://www.slot.it/Download/F...ossList.en.pdf

Comment

Just in case any newbies are reading. The most important thing to learn with slot car tyres is always keep them in the correct packet and be very careful not to mix them up as it is impossible to tell them apart!

Comment

And it's very easy to not always remember what tires are on a particular car - and diminishing eyesight doesn't help....

So - as I'm putting a car together, I write out a little fluro post-it note ( I think they're meant for highlighting passages in a text book or something) - with Car ID & tire ID. Take this tag off the car to run it, and put back on afterwards. When you change tires, just update or replace the tag...

Helps when you say to yourself - "Where did that set of F20's end up?" or "Which of these has the C1's, and which has the P6's?"

Cheers, Tony.

Comment

Last edited by zipdrive; 09-11-2014, 10:36 AM.

Comment

All that would be needed is a molded on two didgit number on one side of the tire and you could look at a chart and see what the tire compound and size was.

Comment

Originally posted by Abarth Mike View Post
                Just in case any newbies are reading. The most important thing to learn with slot car tyres is always keep them in the correct packet and be very careful not to mix them up as it is impossible to tell them apart!
                If you've ever been to Luf's track he has a wall of Parts bins filled with hundreds of tires. The bins are all perfectly organized and tagged. I had a nightmare after my first visit, where I accidentally pulled the Tire bins off the wall and sent hundreds of little round tires scattering all over the shop floor!! Thank the Lord that it was only a dream....

Comment

Working...
                X