Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Slot.it release will be in Stores June 28th!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Slot.it release will be in Stores June 28th!!

Due out June 28th the next car from Slot.it.

A little bit of the history on this "Gulf" Porsche from Slot.it.

Chassis 956-108 was built for and delivered to Nova Engineering in 1983 and run under the Trust Racing banner in the Japanese Sportscar Championship, winning six of the eight races of the '83 series with Vern Schuppan and Naohiro Fujita sharing the driving duties. In early 1984 the car was badly damaged in a fire during a test session and 'retired' from competition. In 1988 Brunn Racing bought the remains and shipped the car back to the Porsche factory where the car was rebuilt with chassis plate 956-118. In 2003 Mr. Franz Pretorius purchased the car from Brunn Racing. Now Mr. Pretorius was a big fan of the 'Gulf' Porsches from the early seventies so naturally he had his car painted up in the Gulf blue and orange.

He has since 'restored' the car to its' original Trust Racing colors and continues to run in 'Historic' events with his son sharing the drive.

It is rumored that this car also ran in another race in "Gulf" colors using a different number. So maybe we will see another "Gulf" car in a year or so, but for now make sure to get down to your favorite Slot.it Dealer to pick up this car, before they are all gone.

See you at the races.

For more images please see the News article on the Front Page of SCI here: http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/in..._articleid=646
    Last edited by Scaleracing; 06-09-2012, 11:46 AM.
    Alan Smith
    SCI Owner.
    www.scaleracing.com
    www.slotcarillustrated.com
    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Alan,

I've looked at the data provided, but I'm not seeing things like:
    • EVO6 chassis
    • Offset Motor Pod
    • New Lightweight Body
    • Etc
    Do you have any info on those 'features' on this new release?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by fl_slotter; 06-09-2012, 11:54 AM. Reason: Issues in editor

Comment

As far as we know right now.

Like the last Group C Cars it will come with the Evo 6 chassis, and the CH70 0.5mm off set pod, but with the small rear hubs. Picture appears to confirm that fact, however unless Maurizio answers, I will know on June 28th when we will post to confirm.
      Last edited by Scaleracing; 06-09-2012, 01:28 PM.
      Alan Smith
      SCI Owner.
      www.scaleracing.com
      www.slotcarillustrated.com
      www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
      www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
        Like the last Group C Cars it will come with the Evo 6 chassis, and the CH70 0.5mm off set pod, but with the small rear hubs. Picture appears to confirm that fact, however unless Maurizio answers, I will know on June 28th when we will post to confirm.

Thanks for the update Alan. It is appreciated.

I know the latest release of the 962KH Jagermeister is a very fast car. It has the same setup under it.

Comment

Yes that will go good with the GT40 and McLaren.

Comment

An interesting choice of schemes and one that looks quite nice, but it seems to me to be a scheme that basically panders to those who will buy anything in Gulf markings. Are there not any real racing schemes still to be done for this body style? I ask as while I am sure the vintage crowd will be pleased, I am not a huge fan of restored cars in schemes that were not really raced during a major series competition.

Up side in my case is that I can save the money for the next release.

Comment

Svanaken,

Actually this is one of those liveries that you talk about.

If you Google "Car Torque 956" then go to the first site your browser comes up with (Car Torque), you will find a history of this real Porsche 956 that was rebuilt from wreckage.

It's a quite interesting history and kind of makes this car unique.

Comment

Alan

A bit of the side question... When will the updated Group C BBS wheel inserts be available?

Regards!

Mike

Comment

Hi
                  The car was originally painted in 'Trust' colours, then moved to 'Gulf' scheme for two historic races in SA (n.3 and n.50), then was redecorated in the original 'Trust' scheme.

Mechanically, it shares the same pod and wheels of the Jaegermeister 962: 0.0 offset motor mount, 15.8mm rear wheels. Chassis is EVO6, standard now in all Gr.Cs

Body is traditional 956 KH body (same as the 'Mugello' car CA09d)

The new BBS wheels will be available soon, but I don't know the exact date. We've managed to place wrong orders twice for this item

Comment

As a South African I MUST have one or two of the GULF ones!

When the car raced in South Africa with the GULF colours the front GULF name was not on the hood. It just had the orange strip down the middle.

Here is the exact car in its original TRUST colours. This photos was taken at Zwartkops in South Africa during the 2011 historical race.

Last edited by vansubsea; 06-11-2012, 08:02 AM.

Comment

No, it also was seen with the full Gulf logo...

if the image doesn't show try the link
                      http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...ictureid=34116
                      http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...ictureid=34117
                      Last edited by Scaleracing; 06-11-2012, 04:08 PM.

Comment

yeah ,

i need two pairs of the new rears also !

jer

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean .... are people obsessed with the Gulf logo???

Let's see... I have Gt40's in several different schemes, Porsche 917's all over the place, Astons, Lolas --and Porsche GT3's and two petrol tankers in 1/32 --- ahhhhhh, what makes you think I'll buy this.....hmmmmmm...

Martini in Picture, but Gulf in heart...

Steve

Comment

i`am waitin` on the lancia with martini livery !

jer

Comment

Originally posted by slot.it View Post
                              No, it also was seen with the full Gulf logo...

if the image doesn't show try the link
                              http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...ictureid=34116
                              http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...ictureid=34117
                              Why do people continue to doubt Slot.it and their liveries authenticity? Seems like they get it right pretty much every time.

Comment

Working...
                              X