new jag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new jag

so , who has one ? please expound on the "new motor mount" , pod ! is it different from the last release of a jag ? (i have that one) if so , how ?

tia , jer

Take a look here, Jerry!

Comment

thanks for the link , oh wet one !

jer

Comment

Jer,

While I have not had one of the 'new' Jag XJR12's in my hot little hands, I have to believe that they have the 'new standard' from Slot.It:
        • EVO6 chassis plate
        • CH24 motor pod (.5 mm offset)
        • 16.5 mm rear wheels
        • Double-drilled and tapped rear wheels
        • Grub screws to attach lead wires to guide flag
        I must say this particular car from Slot.It has a lot of appeal to me because I own one of the Jaguar XJR6 cars with all the similar upgrades. It is without a doubt one fine slot car.

When I have one in my possession, I'll update you.

Comment

i have the xjr6 . but slot.it says in their intro that the new one (xjr12) has a new pod . i`am curious what makes it different ?

jer

Comment

the old jags came with a non-offset pod. the new one comes with a 0.5mm offset pod. it isn't a "new" pod, as it has been used on the latest releases of group c cars - toyota, new lancia, etc - but i believe this is the first jag to come with the offset pod... so it is "new" to the jaguar

Comment

Jerry,

I think you are confusing the word 'new'. With regard to the 'older' XJR12 car, the 'new' motor pod is a CH24, rather then a CH13 motor pod.

The 'old' pod was a 0 mm offset one, the 'new' pod is a .5 mm offset one.

I'm sure when we get our hands on this car, we will both find out it is just like the XJR6 that we both own and know how good it is.

Comment

Flat 6 rs

I should be trying mine out with a flat 6 RS anglewinder this week. Get the bits tomorrow.
                Up against a Sauber C9 with a Flat 6 r anglewinder and a McLaren F1GTR with a 25K NSR anglewinder. We all use scaleauto sponges SC2009s on our wood track.

There is a link somewhere in SCI as to which cars raced with which parts and how they did in a competition (last year?)!! I wonder if a Jag raced and its placing and equipment? Anyone know the link please?

Comment

Originally posted by Locura View Post
                  There is a link somewhere in SCI as to which cars raced with which parts and how they did in a competition (last year?)!! I wonder if a Jag raced and its placing and equipment? Anyone know the link please?

There is a whole sub-forum's-worth:

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...splay.php?f=72

The Slot.It Shootout. LOTS of data...

Chris

Comment

Many thanks Ckouba

Comment

If I'm not mistaken the CH24 is a 1.0mm offset pod, the 0.5 mm offset pod in the newer Group C cars is the CH70.

I personally love the Jags and have added this one to my collection, my only issue with them vs some of the newer Slot.it Group C cars (Toyota 88C and Lancia LC2/85) is that the bodies are a little heavy.

Comment

On my Sport track with no magnet and silicones added, this one is the quickest of any of the Jags I own. About middle of the pack for inline motor Slot.its.

Comment

Jerry,

Well there pard, you have better make room in the box for this new Jaguar XJR12 from Slot.It.

I picked mine up last night. This morning I got it out and put it and the Jag XJR6 on the scales. The XJR12 is 1.2 grams lighter!

Then I did some testing on my home track - which is very short and very tight with lots of turns and not much straightaways.

The XJR12 beat my XJR6 by .12 seconds for the best lap.

Tuesday will be the day for serious testing on the big track.

I'll let you know how it goes. But I'm looking forward to getting the attention of some folks with this new car from Slot.It. Plus it looks really good. Those BBS wheels are just so cool looking!
                          Last edited by fl_slotter; 09-28-2012, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Jag motor

I have just gone back to use the original Jag pod and motor/gears and noticed that the motor has a brown endbell????

Which motor is it please??

Comment

is it more of a brick red? some of the more recently released "orange" endbell motors look more of a brownish-red color. it's probably an oddly colored orange endbell.

Comment

Working...
                              X