Slot.it Can-Am McLaren M8D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slot.it Can-Am McLaren M8D

It seems Slot.it may be expanding its Can-Am line and getting into the 1970's. This from another thread.
    Originally posted by Chapman View Post
    Last edited by JohnnySlots; 10-01-2012, 04:49 PM.

That would be sooooo cool.

Comment

if , all they introduce is a mclaren , nyett ! if he brings a "race-mate" i`ll be all over them . wait and , see ! (one can only hope they make a true racin` pair ! maybe an appropriate late lola ? or , heaven forbid , a 612 !)

jer , i`am not "holdin` my breath" , yet . . . . . .

they could really do a seasonal release and announce an orange mclaren and a black shadow !
      Last edited by Jerry LaGesse; 10-01-2012, 04:29 PM.

Comment

i've been resisting the urge to buy the carrera and vanquish can am offerings for quite some time now. the slot it can ams will be impossible to resist. i'm sure slot it will release multiple running mates for the mclaren and i'm sure i'll preorder them all!!!

Comment

I want one.

Comment

At an Italian regional Slot.it race last year, Maurizio ran a HSRR McLaren body on a Slot.it HRS2 chassis. After seeing that, I thought this might be in the works.

The Can Am lives again!

Comment

Don't worry Jerry, Slot.it has always given us something to race their cars against.

I'm in too!

Comment

if , all they introduce is a mclaren , nyett ! if he brings a "race-mate" i`ll be all over them
                Didn't the Chapparal run against the McLarens? If so, then the McLaren is a "racemate" to the Chappy
                And I hope they do it right... (as in SW)

Comment

Originally posted by nhdungeonracer View Post
                  Didn't the Chapparal run against the McLarens? If so, then the McLaren is a "racemate" to the Chappy
                  Duh, of course.

Thanks Dickie, the meds are making thinking difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by nhdungeonracer View Post
                    And I hope they do it right... (as in SW)
                    Well yes and no. The Chappy is a 1966 model while the McLaren M8D is 1970. a lot of speed difference between the two on the real tracks back then. 6.1 seconds difference in fact in the pole winning times at Mosport from 1966 to 1970. (1966 Jim Hall, Chappy 2E, 1:22.900 - 1970 Dan Gurney, McLaren M8D, 1:16.800)
                    Last edited by JohnnySlots; 10-01-2012, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnySlots View Post
                      Well yes and no. The Chappy is a 1966 model while the McLaren M8D is 1970. a lot of speed difference between the two on the real tracks back then.
                      Yhat's a technicality that I will ignore. For me if they ran within 10 years of each other that's close enough for me.

Comment

Wow- and a lot of paint schemes are possible.

Comment

Zoso...

There is a paint scheme Vanquish did not do that is at the top of my list...

Comment

greenman did do it ! i`ve seen photos of it and it "rocks" , truely !

jer

i`ll likely sell my group c pair if he releases a true can-am pair !
                            Last edited by Jerry LaGesse; 10-02-2012, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Confirmed. Tooling under way, I guess that the first model will be available in the late spring - early summer 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X