Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With Slot.it , The Hits Just Keep Coming ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Slot.it , The Hits Just Keep Coming ...

I can usually be pretty tuff on the cars guys, especially when they deserve it ! Some with relatively poor efforts, or crazy triple digit prices and indifferent finishes (hey it's hand done .. by Artisans !)

But with Slot.it, from my very first exposure with the 956's Kenwood & Canon, I have to say I have never had a clunker. Pretty little cars, that run as good as they look. Made by folks that care about scale fidelity, model correctness, and performance. But most importantly ... don't try to rip us off with prices at $80 to $120 !

That they can keep their this level of product at reasonable prices, I think sets the standard for the 1/32 industry.

What drives me a say all this, Is that I just received the McLarens & latest Jaguar today...

And they just look beautiful. I have not run them yet, and probably won't as I only have access to big commercial tracks currently... But I did "break down" to run the last Gulf 956 on the biggie track, ... With the 1/24 pretties I have been smitten with lately.

I was amazed how well the 956 ran, stock outta the box (lubed only)... And looked every bit as good as its much bigger 1/24 brethren ! So I don't worry about their performance...

But it is as though , as far back as the Ford GT release... Slot.it has stepped up with a higher gear ... and with the Lola, the McLaren, the Jag and now the Porsche (and a few others I probably forgot to mention) ...

They just keep raising the bar, and kicking out the jams !!!

Slot.it ... I luv you !!!

OH ... And you REALLY need to do the Mercedes CLK GTR to cool out the GT1 stuff

To womp on the Porsches & the McLarens ...

(the Ninco models are kinda funky ... and waaay overpriced)
    Last edited by ModelTrainGuy; 10-28-2012, 11:22 AM.

It will be interesting to see how their new Porsche GT1 Evo does in the market. Seeing as how so many are already on the market from other manufacturers, I wonder if this release isn't the home run many might think.

Comment

As stated in other posts, I am primarily interested in the running aspects of the car. I am not interested if the windshield wiper arm appears to be a bit 'over scale' or some decal is not in the correct position.

However when it comes to a car that is simple to set up, works really great and provides me with the value that a Slot.It car does, then I'm sure they will sell their fair share of the product or even more.

I have bought 2 of each of the anglewinder cars that are coming out. I usually keep one as an anglewinder and the other I convert to an inline drive system.

The 'Fina' McLaren F1 GTR is one of my favorite. It's fast, handles very well and has a power delivery curve that lets you control it through turns. Forward bite on the car is excellent and I can beat most cars off of a turn. What's not to like with a slot car like that for a very attractive price. The best part is that I really do not need to add things to a Slot.It to make it run properly, other then just a little TLC. But that is to be expected in any production based type of manufacturing.

As long as Maurizio and his 'Minions' keep turning out these awesome products - remember now that both he and his staff are racers as well - I'll just have to do my part by buying them.

Comment

After getting a couple little issues fixed with the Porsche. Like the interior glued back in and made a adjustment on the gears and took the magnet out. This thing is fast and handles really well out of the box. Haven't trued the tires yet either or even added any weight. Looks like it's going to need a little behind the guide is all. If I get a chance here this afternoon I'll shoot a short video before I do anything else to it and post. Really nice car.

Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnySlots View Post
          It will be interesting to see how their new Porsche GT1 Evo does in the market. Seeing as how so many are already on the market from other manufacturers, I wonder if this release isn't the home run many might think.
          Always a good point when the market is seemingly saturated with a body style. It makes me wonder how the Ford GTs have been selling since both Fly and Scalextric have so many already released.

As to the Porsche, they will sell with me as I only have one Fly version on the shelves. Nice runner too, but not as quick as the Slot.it.

Comment

Working...
          X