Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Slot.it Release coming in early November.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Slot.it Release coming in early November.

This is a car I have been waiting for, certainly as popular as a Slot Car as it was as a real Racing Car.

Slot.it SICA16B Chaparral 2E #66. This car is an icon in the Slot Car World and in real racing. A great version right down to the COX decals that adored the real Chaparral 2E back in the day.

This car will be in Slot.it Dealers across North America November 6th, make sure to get your place on the grid reserved.

Here are a few more images to wt your whistle. Scaleracing at it's finest from www.slot.it

Last edited by Scaleracing; 10-30-2012, 08:52 AM.
    Alan Smith
    SCI Owner.
    www.scaleracing.com
    www.slotcarillustrated.com
    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

That is a stunning livery from Slot.it!
    Definitely on my buying list.
    Best regards,
    Thomas

Comment

Just trying to get a feel for the size of the car. Is that the standard size jewell case base? Also, does the packaging come with the clear plastic cover over the base?

Thanks,

Jim Norton
      Huntsville, AL

Comment

It would be my guess that this is a 1/32 Scale slot car, like all of Slot.it's releases to date; unless I'm much mistaken, the base size has been the same for each of them, including their previous Chaparral.

Also a guess, but in as much as they included a jewel cover for the base even on the 'ready to assemble' Ferrari cars such as the pre-painted 312PB and F40 models - and for some time have also added a custom perspex (or it might be latex) moulded inner upper cover to protect from potential movement during shipping, this will be the case - clever pun there, eh? - once again.

Comment

"With adjustable spoiler..."

Another thing I can set up incorrectly? High speed, low drag, right?

Chris

Comment

The reason I ask about base size for a feel is that it has been reported the car is closer to 1/30 scale. Never thought this would be a big deal. But, sitting on the base gives an idea how big the car is.

Jim Norton
            Huntsville, AL

Comment

Slot.It 2E is a bit wider than 1/32 scale.
              Compromise made so the motor could fit as a sidewinder.

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
                'ready to assemble' Ferrari cars such as the pre-painted 312PB and F40 models - and for some time have also added a custom perspex (or it might be latex) moulded inner upper cover to protect from potential movement during shipping, this will be the case - clever pun there, eh? - once again.
                Latex parts seem to be appearing everywhere.

Latex - it's not just for breakfast anymore.

Now, back to our regular programming....

Comment

I know it has an upgraded chassis, but what are the visual body differences between this car and the original slot.it release?

Comment

The cars should be visually identical, with the exception of slight differences in placement of decals from Mosport (#65) to Riverside. Mosport was the third race of the 1966 season, and Riverside the 5th, which were one month apart. Slot.it's Mosport release came with light weight blue wing. The two car Slot.it set from Laguna Seca, the 4th race of the season, came with both light weight blue and heavier white wings. Decal placement on the Laguna Seca set appear to be the same as the above pictures of Hall's Riverside car. Hall placed second at both Laguna Seca and Riverside, the only races at which he scored points that season.

Comment

Working...
                    X