No announcement yet.

My Porsche 911 GT1 98 LeMans winner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

room under this body for an sidewinder motor pod ?

Bob....

First an excellant job on the car. I saw the question on the inline set, but I was wondering is there room in there for the sidewinder setup??

I ask as I'm trying to set one up and because of motor restrictions It might be hard to adapt a suitable motor to the anglewinder pod...and still comply with the rules !!!!

I'm betting there is not, but I await your thoughts....

Dick

Comment

Originally posted by maddick1943 View Post
      Bob....

First an excellant job on the car. I saw the question on the inline set, but I was wondering is there room in there for the sidewinder setup??

I ask as I'm trying to set one up and because of motor restrictions It might be hard to adapt a suitable motor to the anglewinder pod...and still comply with the rules !!!!

I'm betting there is not, but I await your thoughts....

Dick
      I'm sitting here looking at my GT1 and while I don't have a sidewinder motor pod handy to measure, It appears there should be plenty of room. If not you can use the BNOVA adapters to equally space a std motor in the AW pod no problem. There is a lot of dead space above the flat six motor.

Comment

Wow! I love the GT1-98's and you've modeled that livery just right.

Comment

Slot_it_Bob

on that one.............as I never or actually I totally forgot about that option.(the BNOVA adapters)

So thanks for the heads up...

Dick

Originally posted by Slot_it_Bob View Post
          I'm sitting here looking at my GT1 and while I don't have a sidewinder motor pod handy to measure, It appears there should be plenty of room. If not you can use the BNOVA adapters to equally space a std motor in the AW pod no problem. There is a lot of dead space above the flat six motor.

Comment

I have a race tomorrow but afterwards ill fit a sidewinder pod and let you know for certain .

Comment

maddick1943 sorry for the delay, the orange EB fit fine in a sidewinder setup. You may have to solder the aft motor wire so it comes off the back of the motor if you like a lot of pod float.

A full size boxer motor fits without any issue.

Comment

Testors Metalizer Sealer question

ModelerBob
                How does the Testors Metalizer Sealer interact with the decals? Did you get any kind of reaction from the spray?

Inquiring minds wanna know
                Buster

Comment

The metalizer sealer did nothing adverse to the decals, ie no running or cracking. After about 24 hrs. it cured and sealed the decals to the surface.

Comment

Nice job, !!

Comment

Working...
                    X