X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modlerbob
    started a topic My Porsche 911 GT1 98 LeMans winner

My Porsche 911 GT1 98 LeMans winner

I am now all but done with my white kit. The parts ended up not hard to figure where they go but a little tricky on sequence. The kit comes with two sets of headlight covers so those who don't want the small lights just in front of the mirrors can fill in the holes and use the set without those lenses.

The Pattos decals went on well and were not brittle at all. But Pattos left out one IBM logo. I went through my scrap decals and found one on the Revell 1/24 Porsche 911 GT1 sheet and althoug it is a little too small I used it (on the rear deck). The decals were pretty sharp considering the transfer method he uses.

Painting the inside of the body white worked out well and after placing the decals I sprayed the whole body with Testors Metalizer Sealer leaving a nice glossy finish. As of now I have not painted the mirrors but that is the only task remaining, other than putting it on the track.

I also included a couple of side by side shots with the Fly model for comparison

• NamVet
    replied
    Nice job, !!

Leave a comment:

• Modlerbob
    replied
    The metalizer sealer did nothing adverse to the decals, ie no running or cracking. After about 24 hrs. it cured and sealed the decals to the surface.

Leave a comment:

• Busterfla
    replied
    Testors Metalizer Sealer question

ModelerBob
    How does the Testors Metalizer Sealer interact with the decals? Did you get any kind of reaction from the spray?

Inquiring minds wanna know
    Buster

Leave a comment:

• Slot_it_Bob
    replied
    maddick1943 sorry for the delay, the orange EB fit fine in a sidewinder setup. You may have to solder the aft motor wire so it comes off the back of the motor if you like a lot of pod float.

A full size boxer motor fits without any issue.

Leave a comment:

• Slot_it_Bob
    replied
    I have a race tomorrow but afterwards ill fit a sidewinder pod and let you know for certain .

Leave a comment:

• maddick1943
    replied
    Slot_it_Bob

on that one.............as I never or actually I totally forgot about that option.(the BNOVA adapters)

So thanks for the heads up...

Dick

Originally posted by Slot_it_Bob View Post
    I'm sitting here looking at my GT1 and while I don't have a sidewinder motor pod handy to measure, It appears there should be plenty of room. If not you can use the BNOVA adapters to equally space a std motor in the AW pod no problem. There is a lot of dead space above the flat six motor.

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    Wow! I love the GT1-98's and you've modeled that livery just right.

Leave a comment:

• Slot_it_Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by maddick1943 View Post
    Bob....

First an excellant job on the car. I saw the question on the inline set, but I was wondering is there room in there for the sidewinder setup??

I ask as I'm trying to set one up and because of motor restrictions It might be hard to adapt a suitable motor to the anglewinder pod...and still comply with the rules !!!!

I'm betting there is not, but I await your thoughts....

Dick
    I'm sitting here looking at my GT1 and while I don't have a sidewinder motor pod handy to measure, It appears there should be plenty of room. If not you can use the BNOVA adapters to equally space a std motor in the AW pod no problem. There is a lot of dead space above the flat six motor.

Leave a comment:

• maddick1943
    replied
    room under this body for an sidewinder motor pod ?

Bob....

First an excellant job on the car. I saw the question on the inline set, but I was wondering is there room in there for the sidewinder setup??

I ask as I'm trying to set one up and because of motor restrictions It might be hard to adapt a suitable motor to the anglewinder pod...and still comply with the rules !!!!

I'm betting there is not, but I await your thoughts....

Dick

Leave a comment:

• slot.it
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Modlerbob
    replied
    Here is another image with the correct decal at the top of the windshield.

Leave a comment:

• Slot_it_Bob
    replied
    Im switching mine to an inline flat 6 setup this week.

Leave a comment:

• Modlerbob
    replied
    Motor pod note.

I have verified that there is room under this body for an inline motor pod for those of you like me that prefer that set up.

Leave a comment:

• Modlerbob
    replied
    Later today I plan to find out whether this body has enough clearance to take an inline motor pod. It should as the Fly version has an inline configuration but it looks close. Has anyone else tried to install an inline motor pod yet?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X