Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowenbrau Sebring 1987

Hi.
    We are planning the release, in 2013, of a second decoration of the Porsche 962 IMSA. We have chosen, given the type of rear deck used, the car which did 2nd in Sebring in 1987

http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...987-03-21.html

Driver's helmet: Al Holbert.
    Comments welcome. Feel free to send your input regarding other possible decorations for the future; consider that we are currently limited to the rear deck with the 'big mouth', and no front wing.

Miller, and Bayside Disposal 'Bud' come to mind... but you probably know more.

The IMSA 962 will be very popular

The BF Goodrich 67 and A.J. Foyts Columbia Crest 8 quickly come to mind but there must be many more. And I can see Europeans liking an Oscar Laurari TORNO car as well. Porsche dealers offered a poster of 50 winning 962s. This may help in research. I'll see if I can locate one for you. And i may have saved some IMSA yearbooks from the era. Certainly BRM has released the Coke and others but we all know Slot.it does its research.

Comment

The IMSA 962 Lowenbrau is a great choice for your 1st livery, especially when it's in Al Holbert's hands.

(Oops.....2nd IMSA livery, see below)
      Last edited by Rleog; 11-12-2012, 11:46 AM. Reason: 2nd livery

Comment

The IMSA 962 Lowenbrau is a great choice for your 1st livery,
        We are planning the release, in 2013, of a second decoration of the Porsche 962 IMSA

The Coke livery is the first I believe

Comment

I like the choice of Al Holbert's Lowenbrau 962 to model in 1/32 also.

There is a great illustrated book titled "Prototypes: The History of the IMSA GTP Series" that probably would be a great deal of help to the Slot.It employees working on this project.

Comment

The Budweiser car would be great too as it was the Sebring winner that year. This new mold opens up a lot of great possibilities, like doing the Daytona 24 Hr. winners.

Comment

Bob Akin's 'Coke' car as it finished the '85 Daytona 24.
              When you decide to make the early 962 bodywork.
              Last edited by monquispot; 11-12-2012, 07:17 PM.

Comment

The hits just keep on coming...

Comment

Actively solicitating input from SCI regarding future releases.How AWESOME is Slot It?

Comment

Mine (Without the large open air intake rear deck)

This car is currently running in the 2012 Slot.it shootout. Please vote for it at;
                    http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...ad.php?t=63255
                    Last edited by JohnnySlots; 11-12-2012, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by steeveew View Post
                      Actively solicitating input from SCI regarding future releases.How AWESOME is Slot It?

Never hurts to ask your buyers what they'd like! And even though I have my own Lowenbrau car, you know I'll but the slot.it version!

Comment

Originally posted by monquispot View Post
                        Bob Akin's 'Coke' car as it finished the '85 Daytona 24.
                        When you decide to make the early 962 bodywork.

What he said!!!!!! That would be SO cool!

David

Comment

Here's a link to a bunch of pictures of various IMSA Porsche 962's
                          https://www.google.com/search?q=imsa...FsSq2QWOkICAAg
                          including one gorgeous Blaupunkt car!

Also, here are a couple of pictures of real Lowenbrau liveries. (Different years so slightly different liveries)

Comment

And this?

http://coldtrackdays.blogspot.com.es...tory-brun.html

Spectacular decoration in my point of view.
                            Regards

Comment

Brun livery...German genesis, Italian colors, competed in Europe, then America. Gotta have one.

Comment

Working...
                              X