X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service before the sale.

(PR. Slot.it December, 04, 2012)

Dear customer,
    Unfortunately, for reasons that are difficult to understand, but that are most likely due to a defective glue of layer in the decal sheet, part of the chromed roof decals used on model CA24a Audi R18 may appear damaged (wrinkled or detached) on cars currently being in shops. We believe that the issue has developed during transportation, while the decal dried out, as the models had no sign of such problem in production, when we performed our usual quality check.
    In order to fix this, we are preparing a repair kit which can be sent free of charge to any customer requesting it. The kit will include two copies of all the necessary parts to replace the damaged decal, to restore the car to the original expected decoration, and will be ready in approximately 15 days.
    We apologize for the trouble caused. Please rest reassured that the forthcoming Lola Rebellion, Audi CA01-10th, and R18 LeMans winner 2011 (CW12) are not made using the same technique and do not have any of the aforementioned issues.

That is a Mensch.

Mc

Comment

Slot.it continues to hoist the integrity bar ever higher.

Comment

Just received my Audi R18 today and I need to order the replacement decals, as one section on my car is completely loose.

The question is - to whom do I write to request the replacement? To Slot.it directly? At what email address?

Thanks!

Comment

Dennis, my suggestion for people in the US would be to contact Slot.it Distributor Scalextric USA, toll free number is on their site.

If that doesn't work, no doubt the folks at Scaleracing.com will no doubt be ready, willing and able to assist.

That said, it might be considerate to wait a week, this being the busiest time of year for retailers and family people too, with many demands on their time.

Comment

Service before the sale
            . I guess that is one way to look at it.

Comment

Decal is not made yet.

The decal to repair the Audi R18 is not available yet, and I personally would go back to the seller, or of course you can contact Scalextric USA who are the Importer of Slot.it.

All of that said I am happy through my Retail Store www.132slotcar.us to supply anyone who needs the decals ( once available )

We cannot do anything through www.scaleracing.com this is the Distribution Company I also own, but not connected to Slot.it sales.

So if your Dealers cannot help you email [email protected] with Slot.it R18 Replacement Decal in the Header and we will help all who need it.
              We believe in Slot.it and also in Dealer Support.

Happy Holidays
              Alan Smith
              SCI Owner.
              www.scaleracing.com
              www.slotcarillustrated.com
              www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
              www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Alan your service is top notch .
                Happy Holidays
                Bob

Comment

In addition to using decal setting solution to refix the decal, you can also remove the section in question and use Bare Metal Foil's Chrome to repair the section.

Comment

Did Slot.it ever release a spare decal set for their first Audi R18?

I can't seem to find any reference to it, like a part number.

Thanks!

Comment

Yes, but it's not a coded product. Please send me an email

Regards
                      Maurizio

Comment

Working...
                      X