Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slot.it Chaparral 2E #66 2nd Can-Am Riverside 1966

This is a great car!
    I had heard here that the Yellow Ford GT40 MKI Le Mans 1968 Shell #8 had the change from bell end gearing to can end.
    Such an improvement that one blogger sold his red Alan Mann and replaced it with the #8(Yellow GT40) because of the improvement in performance?
    I thought that was a bit much, but to my surprise with the Chappy, He was Dead on with the change.
    Somebody help me plse with the two position wing spoiler?????

Forgot the other pic:

Comment

Did you find wing taped to the underside of the display base?

Comment

Originally posted by monquispot View Post
        Yes I did, but have not used it yet. Though it was a racing spare?

Comment

sascws90,

While I do not have the new Chaparral 2E, I do have both the #8 Ford GT and the "MotorRadio" Alfa T33/3. Both of them are equipped with the same setup that you have in your Chaparral.

We race on a 67 foot track and I recently changed both of those cars to a 12 tooth pinion and kept the stock spur gear. Top end has been greatly improved and on our long straight of about 15 feet, there is not a car in our crowd that can beat either of these cars downt he straight.

You might want to give that a try, I'm sure you will like it.

Comment

Hey fl......How do they compare on the straights to the New Lola anglewinder?

Comment

Originally posted by monquispot View Post
              This must be the answer to my question about the Wing positions?
              Seems to not matter much in performance, but the other upgrades are well worth all Compliments!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sascws90 View Post
                This must be the answer to my question about the Wing positions?
                Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I can't help since I haven't opened mine.

Good luck.

Comment

Hey fl......How do they compare on the straights to the New Lola anglewinder?

Very, very well!

Comment

Thanks!
                    Mellow Yellow all the way fl_slotter!!

Comment

should I get yet another Chappy?

This is a great car!
                      I had heard here that the Yellow Ford GT40 MKI Le Mans 1968 Shell #8 had the change from bell end gearing to can end.
                      Such an improvement that one blogger sold his red Alan Mann and replaced it with the #8(Yellow GT40) because of the improvement in performance?
                      I thought that was a bit much, but to my surprise with the Chappy, He was Dead on with the change.
                      Somebody help me plse with the two position wing spoiler?????
                      I've got 4 earlier iterations of this car... two as a solo, the first twin pack that came out last year and an evo chassis as a spare. Is there any reason, other than the fact that I love this car, that I should get the new release? I'm most curious as to what the difference is in the performance with the configuration change that you noted above. Whats the improvement? Is it more torque or what?

Thanks!

Comment

Hi
                        There are several major changes in this car.
                        1 - the pod is of the lateste, endbell can, 0.5mm offset type. Pros and cons have been debated elsewhere, but it is an improvement IMO especially because the quality of the mould is much better and the motor is more centered on the rails
                        2 - the cockpit has been redesigned: it makes it easier to fit an oXigen chip (small version), increases clearance with the motor pod (plenty now), and is lighter.
                        2 - the pickup area has been redesigned to improve track stance and cornering (pickup lifted)

Regards
                        Maurizio

Comment

As in 1:1 scale, the 2E had many improvements as it evolved over three CanAm seasons.
                          Somewhere, a soft spoken innovative Texan tips his Stetson to an innovative Italian who maintains his 2Es true to Chaparral heritage.

Comment

Wow! Thanks.
                            I admit one of the greatest joys I got from my work is when Jim Hall sent me an email of praise of the 2E Laguna Seca boxed set.
                            Now I should start thinking about the 2F...
                            The 2E proved it could beat ANY other competitor's car despite an adverse set of rules in the Itailian Classic championship in 2011 (there was no such championship in 2012 so the 2E still reigns )

Comment

And, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X