Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slot.it View Post
    Wow! Thanks.
    I admit one of the greatest joys I got from my work is when Jim Hall sent me an email of praise of the 2E Laguna Seca boxed set.
    Now I should start thinking about the 2F...
    The 2E proved it could beat ANY other competitor's car despite an adverse set of rules in the Itailian Classic championship in 2011 (there was no such championship in 2012 so the 2E still reigns )

Maurizio,

I know I'm literally reading between the lines, but I surely did pick up on the line I bolded in your statement.

My mind is wanting a Chaparral 2F and I've been evaluating what I should buy. If needed, it would be a starting point.

However, if you think you will introduce the 2F, I would much rather prefer having my Chaparral 2F made by Slot.It.

If you could / would share a date, that would be awesome.

Comment

Yes this would be a beauty by Slot.it.....
      1967 Chaparral 2F Le Mans Hill/Spence

Comment

Yes, there will be a Slot.it 2F in the not too distant future (2014?). It was planned when we decided to make the 2E.

The 2F can take advantage of the chassis, interiors, and some accessories (e.g rear wing, not sure about the wheel inserts, I think they are the same but with locking nuts) from the 2E moulds set, thus greatly reducing tooling cost. These days, it is important, especially with cars that come in one colour only.

It will be a perfect companion for the GT40 and any other cars of the same age group ...

Comment

Maurizio,

Since we don't have a "Like" button here on SCI, I will just say that is the best news I have heard lately! It has put a smile on my face and when you're ready, so will I.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Perhaps this will be a very much anticipated and desired car from Slot.It. Looking forward to the day when it arrives at my dealer.

Thank you Maurizio!

Comment

Originally posted by slot.it View Post
            Yes, there will be a Slot.it 2F in the not too distant future (2014?). It was planned when we decided to make the 2E.

The 2F can take advantage of the chassis, interiors, and some accessories (e.g rear wing, not sure about the wheel inserts, I think they are the same but with locking nuts) from the 2E moulds set, thus greatly reducing tooling cost. These days, it is important, especially with cars that come in one colour only.

It will be a perfect companion for the GT40 and any other cars of the same age group ...
            I never thought the phrase "faint with anticipation" would apply to me... But I am.....

Comment

My favorite Chappy has the dive plane front-end!
              Last edited by sascws90; 12-27-2012, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Maurizio,

I mean like you really need something else on your plate at this time.

But I have to agree with sascws90 on his choice of the Chaparral 2C.

Was this the ancestor of the modern LMP?

I always have room for another Chaparral in my slot car box!

Could it be nothing more then a body? This could produce another car, yet save on development costs?

Comment

Never too many...

The Coupe pictured is actually the 2D -- and it was built on the 2C chassis --so not as easy a jump from the 2E as the 2F --but at least you have the wheels and the decals ---

Actually the 2G could be done from the E --and would look monster!!!

The Chappy M12 McLaren is not too far from the M8D that is in production -- and then there's the "J" and, of course the 'H' which is the only car I would lobby to run with magnets!!!!

And speaking of lobbying -- when might we expect a Lola Aston Martin?????

Best,

Steve

Comment

Big wish list, Thanks too a Great Company!!!
                    Happy Holidays...Peace-Out sascws90

Comment

Working...
                    X